Rehabilitation of a college baseball pitcher emphasizing proprioception
- EFFECT OF SELECTIVE CAPSULORRHAPHY ON THE PASSIVE RANGE OF MOTION OF THE GLENOHUMERAL JOINT. Gerber, C.; Werner, C.M.L.; Macy, J.C.; Jacob, H.A.C.; Nyffeler, R.W.; Ing, Dipl // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jan2003, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p48
Background: Capsulorrhaphy of the glenohumeral joint is a common surgical procedure for the treatment of instability caused by increased capsular laxity. The effect of capsulorrhaphy on the range of motion of the shoulder is poorly understood. Methods: We simulated localized capsular...
- A Randomized Trial of Arthroscopic Surgery for Osteoarthritis of the Knee. // New England Journal of Medicine;11/12/2009, Vol. 361 Issue 20, p2004
A correction to the article "A Randomized Trial of Arthroscopic Surgery for Osteoarthritis of the Knee" that was published in the September 11, 2008 issue is presented.
- CT a potential tool in planning osteochondral talar defect arthroscopy. Houck, Kristine; Press, Robert; Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the results of a study by the group of Christiaan van Bergen that computed tomography (CT) of ankle in full plantar flexion improves preoperative arthroscopic approach for osteochondral talar defects.
- Pointers on knee surgery. Young, Stephanie; Kusek, Kristyn // Glamour;July97, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p33
Offers advice on how to prepare for arthroscopic knee surgery, a common orthopedic procedure to treat persistent knee pain, locking or instability due to a torn cartilage, for example. How the procedure is carried out; What to do before and after surgery.
- Beliefs and Placebos. Anderson, Robert A. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Feb/Mar2003, Issue 235/236, p35
Reports on the study examining the effect of arthroscopic surgery in patients with osteoarthritis. Comparative outcome of arthroscopic surgery and placebo surgery; Level of pain in arthroscopic surgery; Intervention of belief in therapeutic outcome.
- Should you be scoped? // Prevention;Aug97, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p82
Discusses arthroscopic surgery. The benefits; The difficulty with rehabilitation afterward; Advice if you are considering the procedure.
- Is arthroscopic surgery for you? DiNubile, Nicholas A. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May94, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p109
Focuses on arthroscopic surgery used in the care of sports and recreational injuries. Effectiveness; Use on the knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist and ankle; Working principle; Procedure.
- Hip Arthroscopy: Is It a Labrum of Love? Nelson, Fred R. T. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;1/15/2014, Vol. 96 Issue 2, pe16-1
A review of the article "Arthroscopic Acetabular Labral Debridement in Patients Forty-five Years of Age or Older Has Minimal Benefit for Pain and Function," by Geoffrey Wilkin is presented.
- Video game surgery. Daily, Laura // Boys' Life;Jun95, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p6
Explains the surgical technique of laparoscopy, which allows surgeons to operate through tiny holes in the body. Explanation of the technique by Dr. James C. Rosser Jr.; How a laparoscope bearing a tiny television camera is inserted into the body and projects the image on a television screen;...