Mastitis granulomatosa idiopÃ¡tica tratada con esteroides y metotrexato
- NIP JUVENILE ARTHRITIS IN THE BUD. MILES, OTESA MIDDLETON // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p56
The article focuses on a research, led by professor Carol Wallace, which shows that the early, aggressive treatment of polyarticular juvenile arthritis (JA) offers the best chance of fully treating the disease. It states that aggressive treatment regimen may carry less risk than uncontrolled JA....
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with Paracoccidioido-mycosis. von Glehn, Felipe; Damasceno, Alfredo; Miotto, Noelle; Naseri, Estephania P.; Costallat, Lilian T. L.; França Jr, Marcondes C.; Nucci, Anamarli; Ramos, Marcelo C. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Aug2012, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1390
The article discusses a study on cases of Carpal tunnel syndrome with paracoccidioidomycosis in Latin America. The study examined the case of a 63-year-old white male agricultural worker with insidious and progressive pain, numbness and tingling in his right hand and fingers. He was given...
- Posible asociaciÃ³n del cÃ¡ncer ginecolÃ³gico con artritis reumatoide. Mercado, Ulises // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;Jun2012, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p421
Background: The association between rheumatoid arthritis and cancer is controversial. Previous studies have shown a correlation between rheumatoid arthritis and the development of lymphoma. Objective: Describe a case of rheumatoid arthritis and associated breast cancer plus the identification of...
- Optimal use of non-biologic therapy in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Jacobs, Johannes W. G. // Rheumatology;Jun2012 Supplement 4, Vol. 51 Issue suppl_4, piv3
With the evolution of therapies for RA, new treatment strategies and goals of therapy have evolved. Recent European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) guidelines on the treatment of RA proposed three phases of therapy: phase I comprising first-line synthetic DMARD with or without glucocorticoid;...
- Adalimumab. // Reactions Weekly;1/17/2009, Issue 1235, p5
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old woman who developed a generalised putular rash while undergoing treatment for rheumatoid arthritis with adalimumab. The patient presented with a rapidly deteriorating general condition and a 2-week history of itching and painful skin lesions. Her...
- Mycophenolate/prednisone/tacrolimus. // Reactions Weekly;7/3/2010, Issue 1308, p26
The article describes the case of a 44-year old male renal transplant recipient suffered from Mycobacterium genavense pneumonia while taking post-transplant immunosuppressive therapy with mycophenolate, prednisone and tacrolimus.
- MINERVA. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/1/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6920, p70
Presents developments related to medicine in Great Britain as of January 1994. Treatment of prednisone for acute optic neuritis; Safety of silicone breast implants; Death cases due to exposure of asbestos.
- Mercaptopurine/methotrexate/prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;2/13/2010, Issue 1288, p26
The article describes the case of a 15-year-old girl who acquired severe necrotising omatitis and osteomyelitis while undergoing chemotherapy with ethotrexate, mercaptopurine and prednisone.
- Methylprednisolone/prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;8/14/2010, Issue 1314, p30
The article describes the case of a 72-year-old man who acquired invasive Aspergillus colitis while undergoing treatment with methylprednisolone and prednisone.