Dosimetria de pacientes e mÃ©dicos em intervenÃ§Ãµes coronÃ¡rias percutÃ¢neas em Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil
- True blue: a puzzling case of persistent cyanosis in a young child. Porepa, Michelle; Benson, Lee; Manson, David E.; Friedman, Jeremy N. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/31/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 7, p734
The article presents a case study of a 2-year-old twin boy who was referred to a cardiology clinic for a persistent cyanosis. The 2-year-old twin boy was born to a healthy 36-year old mother who was delivered by cesarean section at 34-6 week's gestation. The twin boy was discharged home with no...
- Failed rapid sequence induction in an achondroplastic dwarf. Kaur, Jasleen; Durga, Padmaja; Jonnavithula, Nirmala; Ramachandran, Gopinath // Indian Journal of Anaesthesia;May/Jun2011, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p296
Achondroplasia, a common cause of short limbed type of dwarfism is due to quantitative decrease in rate of endochondral ossification. This abnormal bone growth leads to disproportionate body and head structure, thus placing them under high risk for anaesthetic management. There is paucity in...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Nickerson, Inge; Rarick, Charles // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the Volume 14, Number 1, 2008 issue of the "Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies."
- Yum rewards champs. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2012, p94
The article presents a case study of the Yum Restaurants International which planned to organise an incentive award ceremony for its top performing managers for which the restaurant chose Cape Town, South Africa to host its event.
- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;12/10/2011, Issue 1381, p18
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old woman who developed elevated lithium concentrations after receiving wrong dosage of lithium.
- "Nipple pacifier" like blister over middle finger. Inamadar, Arun C.; Palit, Aparna // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p710
The article presents a case study of a 3-year-old child who was brought to skin outpatient department (OPD) for bullous lesions over the right hand.
- Use of flood chronology for detailed environmental analysis: a case study of Lake Kizaki in the northern Japanese Alps, central Japan. Ito, Takuma; Iwamoto, Haruka; Kamiya, Koichi; Fukushima, Takehiko; Kumon, Fujio // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p1607
This paper presents a study of the usefulness of flood layers as a time marker in sediments and a report of a case study of Lake Kizaki in central Japan. A flood layer can be identified as a layer having a higher density, coarser grain size, lower TN content, and higher C/N ratio than those of...
- Design and Control Issues in Qualitative Case Study Research. Lloyd-Jones, Gaynor // International Journal of Qualitative Methods;Spring2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Some methodologists have pointed to similarities between experimental method and case study research in terms of design, theory testing and development. However, little is known about how these debates inform qualitative research rationales. The use of a sequential dual case study provided an...
- Insulin lispro/insulin zinc suspension. // Reactions Weekly;5/16/2009, Issue 1252, p27
The article describes the case of a 30-year-old man who developed neuritis after the dose of insulin zinc suspension was increased. The patient was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes mellitus 15 years earlier and had been receiving insulin zinc suspension and insulin lispro. He received...