Dosimetria de pacientes e mÃ©dicos em intervenÃ§Ãµes coronÃ¡rias percutÃ¢neas em Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil
- True blue: a puzzling case of persistent cyanosis in a young child. Porepa, Michelle; Benson, Lee; Manson, David E.; Friedman, Jeremy N. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/31/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 7, p734
The article presents a case study of a 2-year-old twin boy who was referred to a cardiology clinic for a persistent cyanosis. The 2-year-old twin boy was born to a healthy 36-year old mother who was delivered by cesarean section at 34-6 week's gestation. The twin boy was discharged home with no...
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Nickerson, Inge; Rarick, Charles // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the Volume 14, Number 1, 2008 issue of the "Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies."
- Design and Control Issues in Qualitative Case Study Research. Lloyd-Jones, Gaynor // International Journal of Qualitative Methods;Spring2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Some methodologists have pointed to similarities between experimental method and case study research in terms of design, theory testing and development. However, little is known about how these debates inform qualitative research rationales. The use of a sequential dual case study provided an...
- "Nipple pacifier" like blister over middle finger. Inamadar, Arun C.; Palit, Aparna // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p710
The article presents a case study of a 3-year-old child who was brought to skin outpatient department (OPD) for bullous lesions over the right hand.
- Use of flood chronology for detailed environmental analysis: a case study of Lake Kizaki in the northern Japanese Alps, central Japan. Ito, Takuma; Iwamoto, Haruka; Kamiya, Koichi; Fukushima, Takehiko; Kumon, Fujio // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p1607
This paper presents a study of the usefulness of flood layers as a time marker in sediments and a report of a case study of Lake Kizaki in central Japan. A flood layer can be identified as a layer having a higher density, coarser grain size, lower TN content, and higher C/N ratio than those of...
- Monocoronary system with malignant course of the LAD. Versteylen, M.; Joosen, I.; Hofstra, L. // Heart;Jul2010, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p16
The article describes the case of a 43-year-old man with an intermediate cardiovascular risk profile.
- Oxford Case Histories in Cardiology. Dubrey, Simon // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jan2012, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p57
The article reviews the book "Oxford Case Histories in Cardiology," by Rajkumar Rajendram, Javed Ehtisham, and Colin Forfar.
- On the Role of 'Punctuation' in Case Teaching. Srinivasan, Shiva Kumar // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p57
In this article the author discusses the role of the theory of punctuation in case teaching in India. He discusses the issues concerning case-instructor attitude of walking out to exercise power. He argues that learning to punctuate the case discussion at strategic points will involve the...
- Necrose de canto medial associado a hansenï¿½ase virchowiana: relato de caso. FRANCO, LEISER; DE SOUZA CARVALHO, GIULIANNA LIMONGI; CARNEIRO, HAROLDO MACIEL; PINTO, SEBASTI�O ALVES; DE SOUZA CARVALHO, ROBERTO MURILLO LIMONGI // Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p539
In the present case we deal with a medial eyelid necrosis and injury of the canalicular system in a patient in treatment for lepromatous leprosy. Histology of the necrotic lesion showed granulomatous inflammatory reaction with accumulation of histiocytes and presence of alcohol-acid resistant...