Necrotizing Pseudomonas chondritis after piercing of the upper ear
- Selection of Oxacillin Resistance in Oxacillin-Sensitive Staphylococcus aureus through Exposure to Ciprofloxacin but not Piperacillin/Tazobactam. Evans, M. E. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p621
Ten oxacillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus strains were grown on agar containing four times their ciprofloxacin MIC to determine if exposure to ciprofloxacin would increase their resistance to oxacillin. All strains grew on the ciprofloxacin-containing agar and subsequently grew on...
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;8/22/2009, Issue 1266, p25
The article describes the case of a 56-year-old man who developed meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection following administration of piperacillin/tazobactam. Particular focus is given to the medical history of the patient. It recommends screening of MRSA not only on...
- Comparison of antimicrobial resistance pattern of hospital - and community - acquired Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Basavaraj, C. Metri; Peerapur, B. V.; Jyothi, P. // Journal of Chemical & Pharmaceutical Research;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p201
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is now considered to be a community, state, national and international problem. Patients and the public are increasingly seeing MRSA and rates of MRSA infections as indicators of the quality of patient care. The present study was done to compare...
- Pharmacodynamics of empirical antibiotic monotherapies for an intensive care unit (ICU) population based on Canadian surveillance data. Zelenitsky, Sheryl A.; Ariano, Robert E.; Zhanel, George G. // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Feb2011, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p343
Objectives To evaluate, using Monte Carlo simulation, the pharmacodynamics (PD) of empirical antibiotic monotherapies for serious infections consistent with Canadian intensive care unit (ICU) surveillance data. Methods Meropenem, piperacillin/tazobactam and cefepime, along with ceftobiprole, a...
- Antibiotics: Synergistic MRSA combinations. Bush, Karen // Nature Chemical Biology;Nov2015, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p832
The article discusses the combination of three Î²-lactam molecules such as the meropenem, tazobactam, and piperacillin which kills methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in a mouse model on a synergistic mechanism. Topics mentioned include the low produce of penicillin-binding...
- CME Questions. // Infectious Disease Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p106
A quiz about the antibacterial drugs piperacillin and tazobactam is presented.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;6/2/2012, Issue 1404, p33
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old man who developed Kounis syndrome while receiving treatment with piperacillin/tazobactam for pneumonia.
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;6/2/2012, Issue 1404, p34
The article offers information a case of linear immunoglobulin A (IgA) bullous dermatosis in an elderly patient after receiving Tazocin (piperacillin/tazobactam).
- Piperacillin/tazobactam. // Reactions Weekly;11/20/2010, Issue 1328, p36
The article describes a case of generalised non-convulsive status epilepticus (NCSE) in a 63-year-old woman during treatment with piperacillin/tazobactam for a urinary tract infection (UTI).