Clinical Ethics Committee Case 13: Should the school doctor contact the mother of a 17-year-old girl who has expressed suicidal thoughts?
- GestaÃ§Ã£o decorrente de violÃªncia sexual: um estudo de caso Ã luz do modelo bioecolÃ³gico. Lordello, Sílvia Renata; Costa, Liana Fortunato // Contextos ClÃnicos;jan-jun2014, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p94
Motherhood is a process that brings numerous transformations and challenges to women, but when it comes from a pregnancy that is a result of sexual violence, it becomes even more complex. In this study, the development of motherhood in a woman victim of sexual violence with a newborn child was...
- Pearl and Ronda: Revaluing mothers' literate lives to imagine new relationships between homes and elementary schools. Whitmore, Kathryn F.; Norton-Meier, Lori A. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Mar2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p450
The article focuses on the relationship between family literacy and the academic success of school children. Various levels of parental involvement are described, including the help of parents in fund raisers. The need for increased parent involvement is discussed and two case studies on...
- The positive and negative suicide ideation inventory: Development and validation. Osman, Augustine; Gutierrez, Peter M. // Psychological Reports;Jun98, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p783
Focuses on two studies conducted to develop a brief self-report measure for assessing the frequency of positive and negative thoughts related to suicidal behavior. Methodology used to conduct the study; Increase in the rates of suicidal ideation and attempts among adolescents and young adults...
- Parenting in later life: Adaptive illusion in elderly... Goodman, Marcene; Rubinstein, Robert L. // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p295
Studies the relationship between elderly mothers of one child and that child, and the impact of that relationship on mothers' well-being. Failures of scholarly literature on intergenerational connection; One-child mothers' attachment to their children; Fulfillment of maternal, social and...
- Mothers' emotional expressiveness and coping: Relations with preschoolers' social-emotional... Denham, Susanne A.; Grout, Leslie // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Feb92, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p75
Investigates mothers' influence on their children's social-emotional development. Mothers' expression of emotions when in their children's presence; Findings of a coherent picture of emotions; Confirmation on expectations over the mothers' influences.
- Parent and child representations of social relationships: Linkages between families and peers. Burks, Virginia Salzer; Parke, Ross D. // Merrill-Palmer Quarterly;Jul96, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p358
Examines the similarities between social-cognitive representations of relationships of mothers and their children. Hypothetical social dilemmas involving peer and family contexts; Role of parent and child cognitions as possible mediators of family-peer linkages; Structure of models.
- `I felt like a monster'. Israeloff, Roberta // Good Housekeeping;Aug98, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p72
Presents mothers' experiences with difficult children. Realization of the feeling of dread of having the child at home and relief when in school or with friends; Feeling of shame that is anguishing and isolating; Mothers' opening up of complicated feelings to their spouses or friends; Need for...
- Mama drama. Wade, Brenda; Lamb, Yanick Rice // Essence (Essence);May97, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p128
Presents several case studies that offers ways of understanding and resolving a mother-daughter conflicts. Why mother's way is always the right way; Resolving a mother's erratic behavior; Having the voice and and attitute similar to a mother; Survivor of incest and spousal abuse; More.
- Early maternal behaviors during teaching in a high social risk group: A precursor to children's... Kelly, Jean F. // Child Study Journal;1996, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p333
Examines the impact of the quality of high risk mother's behavior while teaching children about emotional, social and cognitive behavior in the first grade. Association between social and economic aspect of early environment to school adaptation; Demographic characteristics on child and...