Brugada syndrome coinciding with fever and pandemic (H1N1) influenza
- SUMMARIES FOR PATIENTS. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/7/2012, Vol. 156 Issue 3, pI.28
The article presents questions and answers regarding the effects of school closure on incidence of Pandemic Influenza in Alberta, Canada; implantable cardioverter-defibrillators in women; and end-of-life care discussions between patients with advanced cancer and doctors.
- SHORT CUTS. Fister, Kristina // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/9/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7737, p72
The article presents the findings of several medical studies conducted in 2009. A study published in the journal "The Lancet," suggests that implantable cardioverter defibrillators prevent sudden cardiac death in people with ventricular tachycardia following myocardial infarction. Another study...
- Emergency plans for pandemic get live test. // Hospital Home Health;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p64
No abstract available.
- (SWINE FLU) Everything Seniors Need to Know About the Flu but Were Afraid to Ask. // Aging News Alert;10/2/2009, p8
A webcast featuring the latest information about swine flu and the new Influenza A (H1N1) virus conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) is discussed.
- Flu outbreaks. // GP: General Practitioner;2/26/2010, p10
The article focuses on a report, according to which, low atmospheric humidity in cold weather could help in understanding why flu outbreaks occur in winter.
- HIV clinicians and patients should prepare now for fall pandemic flu. // AIDS Alert;Jun2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p61
No abstract available.
- New gown policy gains traction in pandemic panic. Frederick, Eric L. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's comments on what to do in case of the outbreak of H1N1 influenza.
- UIL schedules altered due to swine flu. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/30/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that the University Interscholastic League (UIL) has altered its schedule of events including UIL Academic State Meet, Texas State Wind Ensemible Festival and Regional Track Meets due to the outbreak of the swine flu in Texas.
- H1N1 Flu Linked to Surge in Pneumonia Complication. // Tennessee Tribune;11/4/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p11B
The article presents information on a study by a research team headed by researcher Dr. Krow Ampofo, at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, on complications related to H1N1 influenza pandemic, according to which the pandemic resulted in increased cases of empyema in children.