The Determinants of Effective Working Capital Management Policy: A Case Study on Jordan
- THE PATHOLOGY OF THE EXECUTION OF THE BUDGET ALLOCATED TO DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS OUT OF THE NATIONAL BUDGET (A CASE STUDY ON THE BUDGET OF THE DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS OF TEHRAN PROVINCE). FARD, KARAMOLLAH DANESH; AKBARI, VALIOLLAH // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Nov2012, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p733
This research aims to conduct a pathologic study of the budget allocated to the development projects out of the national budget in order to find the strengths and weaknesses of the execution of budget allocated for such projects, and propose several recommendations for the elimination of such...
- MEASURING FINANCIAL STRENGTH OF A TEXTILE COMPANY BY 'Z' SCORE MODEL: A CASE STUDY. MANJULAKSHMI, A. S. // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p102
Finance is the significant facet of every business. Financial analysis is an aspect of the overall business finance function that involves examining historical data to gain information about the current and future financial health of a company. Financial analysis can be applied in a wide variety...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/06/99, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p26
Advises on how to assemble a diversified stock portfolio. Advantages and disadvantages of investing in different but correlated companies; Outcome of investing in companies with zero correlation; Choices of stocks that will fit a well-correlated mix.
- Working Capital Management: A study of Maharashtra's bulk drugs listed companies. Yadav, Rakesh; Kamath, Vani; Manjrekar, Pradip // Chemical Business;Jul2009, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p27
The paper analyzes the working capital management of bulk drugs companies that are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange. Working capital management is very important because a company that neglects its working capital management will soon run out of cash and may even have to close down. Data was...
- An agency analysis of the effect of long-term performance plans on managerial decision making. Ferris, Stephen P.; Kumar, Raman; Sant, Rajiv; Sopariwala, Parvez R. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring98, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p73
Highlights a study which addresses the specific sources of superior post-adoption return on equity (ROE) performance plans on managerial decision making. Information on the data and methodology used to conduct study; Details on managerial influence on return on equity and return on assets;...
- Analyze the impact of financial variables on the market risk of Tehran Stock Exchange companies. Abadi, Hossein Rezaei Dolat; Fathi, Saeed; Zare, Meysam // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Feb2012, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p664
Given the importance of forecasts in investment decisions, And given that both risk and return on investment are important factors influencing the process, this study measures the financial impact on risk of companies listed on stock market. Thus in order to try to increase the knowledge of...
- Investor, Know Thyself. Updegrave, Walter // Money;May2002, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p21
Discusses ways to avoid the excesses of the 1990s bull market, in light of the Enron debacle and two consecutive years of losses. How reason and experience play a role in investing decisions; Question of how to deal with an instinct that can wreak havoc in portfolios and derail financial plans.
- Test of Endowment and Disposition Effects under Prospect Theory on Decision-Making Process of Individual Investors at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya. Kalunda, Elizabeth; Mbaluka, Peter // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p157
This study examined investment simulations on investors in the Nairobi Securities Exchange by adopting the Prospect Theory developed by Kahneman and Tversky in 1979. It revealed that the process of investment decision making deviates from standard finance principles and is based on "Behavioral...
- Suddenly, Everyone Loves Stocks. Uh-Oh. MATTERS, CRAIG // Money;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p11
The article presents a discussion about the state of the stock market as of March, 2013, saying that, while it is still strong, investors should remain cautious and be conservative in their investment plan choices.