The Calcareous Lung
- bronchopulmonary lavage. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p322
An encyclopedia entry for "bronchopulmonary lavage, " which refers to the bronchoalveolar lavage, is presented.
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage: Role in the Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management of Interstitial Lung Disease. Daniele, Ronald P.; Elias, Jack A.; Epstein, Paul E.; Rossman, Milton D. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan85, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p93
Discusses the status of bronchoalveolar lavage as an investigative tool and assesses its advantages and limitations in the clinical setting. Assessment of interstitial lung diseases by lavage; Information on the lavage procedure; Constituents of normal airways.
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage in the Diagnosis of Diffuse Pulmonary Infiltrates in the Immunosuppressed Host. Stover, Diane E.; Zaman, Muhammad B.; Hajdu, Steven I.; Lange, Michael; Gold, Jonathan; Armstrong, Donald // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul84, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p1
Presents information on a study which examined the usefulness of bronchoalveolar lavage in the diagnosis of pulmonary infiltrates in the immunosuppressed patient. Materials and methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- BAL. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p233
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "BAL," which stands for British antilewisite or bronchoalveolar lavage, is presented.
- Effects of IS-741, a Synthetic Anti-Inflammatory Agent, on Bleomycin-Induced Lung Injury in Mice. Shimaoka, Yuichi; Tajima, Shunji; Fujimori, Fumio; Yamabayashi, Cristiane; Moriyama, Hiroshi; Terada, Masaki; Takada, Toshinori; Suzuki, Eiichi; Bando, Masashi; Sugiyama, Yukihiko; Narita, Ichiei // Lung;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p331
Bleomycin (BLM)-induced lung injury consists of excessive inflammatory cell infiltration and fibrosis. IS-741 has been reported to be an anti-inflammatory drug through an inhibitory action on cell adhesion. In this study we investigated whether IS-741 could inhibit the progression of pulmonary...
- Sï¿½ndromes pulmonares eosinofï¿½licos. Jim�nez, Abraham Emilio Reyes; Guti�rrez, Jorge Gonz�lez; G�mez, Ixchel Landgrave; D'Franchis, Luis Javier Castro; Galv�n, Alma Cristina P�rez; L�pez, Fernando Rogelio Espinosa // Medicina Interna de Mexico;nov/dic2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p461
Although the eosinophiles are normal lung components, several lung eosinophilic syndromes are characterized by an increased number of eosinophiles in peripheral blood, pulmonary tissue, sputum, or bronchoalveolar lavage. These lung eosinophilic syndromes are generally characterized by...
- Safety and tolerability of three consecutive bronchoscopies after allergen challenge in volunteers with mild asthma. Kariyawasam, H. H.; Aizen, M.; Kay, A. Borry; Robinson, D. S. // Thorax;Jun2007, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p557
The article discusses a study on the safety and tolerability of three consecutive bronchoscopies after allergen challenge in volunteers with mild asthma. There was no significant correlation between the change in oxygen saturation and the volume of bronchoalveolar lavage recovered. All the...
- Lung strain and biological response in mechanically ventilated patients. González-López, Adrián; García-Prieto, Emilio; Batalla-Solís, Estefanía; Amado-Rodríguez, Laura; Avello, Noelia; Blanch, Lluís; Albaiceta, Guillermo // Intensive Care Medicine;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p240
Purpose: Lung tissue may exhibit a biochemical response to excessive deformation. Since strain has been proposed as a marker of such deformation, we studied the relationships between strain and matrix remodeling and inflammation markers in mechanically ventilated patients with and without acute...
- MetÃ¡stasis pulmonares mÃºltiples como primera manifestaciÃ“n de carcinoma. Debernardi, D.; Avalos, S.; Bustos, M. E.F; Borello, A.; Avila, R. // Revista Experiencia MÃ©dica;2010, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p73
Aim: to introduce a clinical case of a patient with bilateral nodulillar lung infiltrate, fever, dyspnea and loss of weight. Clinical case: An 18-year-old patient whose medical history reports contact with a bacilliferous tuberculosis patient consults about fever, sweating, and functional...