- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;7/10/2010, Issue 1309, p27
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old woman who developed adynamic ileus while under lithium treatment regimen for bipolar disorder.
- Small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma: 2 case reports. // Reactions Weekly;8/27/2011, Issue 1366, p30
The article describes two case reports on older men who received treatment with warfarin but developed small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma.
- Meckel's diverticulum. Minford, Joanne; Abusanad, Osama // Pulse;9/19/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 30, p31
A case study of a 20 year old boy suffering with closed loop obstruction by a band associated with a Meckel's diverticulum is presented.
- Nadir bir mekanik bagirsak tikanikligi nedeni: gossibioma olgu sunumu. Karakas, Dursun �zg�r; Yilmaz, Ibrahim; S�c�ll�, Ilker; Y�cel, Erg�n; Balta, Ahmet Ziya; �zdemir, Yavuz // Gulhane Medical Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p326
Gossypiboma is uncommon and used to describe a retained surgical swab in the body after an operation. Although, intestinal obstruction occurs frequently after postoperative adhesions, gossyipiboma can be seen as a rare cause. In this article, we report an 80 year-old woman who was operated for...
- A rare cause of bowel obstruction in pregnancy. Li, Yingda; Ang, Megan; Miller, Julie A // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 12, p1
We present the case of a 30-year-old woman admitted at 38 weeks and 3 days gestation with a rare cause of bowel obstruction. Definitive diagnosis was not made until laparotomy. We present the unique management challenges posed and a review of the literature.
- Warfarin. // Reactions Weekly;4/1/2013, Issue 1446, p23
An abstract of the case study "Colonic obstruction caused by intraluminal haematoma," by R. Thomas and colleagues is presented.
- Octreotide. // Reactions Weekly;8/10/2013, Issue 1465, p29
An abstract of the article "Octreotide acetate administration for malignant bowel obstruction induces severe bradycardia in patients with terminal stage cancer: Two case reports," by K. Kubota and colleagues is presented.
- Left Side Appendicitis with Midgut Malrotation in an Adult. Birnbaum, David Jérémie; Geffroy, Yann; Goin, Géraldine; Balandraud, Paul // Journal of Surgical Technique & Case Report;Jan-Jun2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p38
Midgut malrotation (MMR) is a congenital anomaly referring to either nonrotation or incomplete rotation of the primitive intestinal loop around the axis of the superior mesenteric artery during fetal development. Adult MMR is rare and majority of MMR in adults remains asymptomatic throughout...
- Idiopathic encapsulating peritonitis: Report of two cases. Luz, Magda; Barral, Sumara; Barral, Carlyle; Bechara, Cristiane; Lacerda-Filho, Antônio // Surgery Today;
This report presents two cases of young males who developed the rare idiopathic form of sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis (SEP) presented as partial bowel obstruction, both diagnosed during surgical treatment, with satisfactory outcomes. Sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis is a rare and...