- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/11/2014, Issue 1483, p34
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old man who developed fatal bowel infarction while receiving clozapine.
- Vincristine: Paralytic ileus in an elderly patient: case report. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2013, Issue 1477, p33
The article presents a case study of a woman diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who was given chemotherapy including vincristine and developed paralytic ileus during treatment.
- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;7/10/2010, Issue 1309, p27
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old woman who developed adynamic ileus while under lithium treatment regimen for bipolar disorder.
- Prior uterine perforation resulting in intestinal obstruction in a subsequent pregnancy. Seow-En, I.; Seow-Choen, F.; Tseng, P. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Dec2010, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p369
The article presents a case study of a 30-year-old pregnant woman who was presented with intestinal obstruction and was diagnosed with uterine perforation.
- A rare cause of bowel obstruction in pregnancy. Li, Yingda; Ang, Megan; Miller, Julie A // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 12, p1
We present the case of a 30-year-old woman admitted at 38 weeks and 3 days gestation with a rare cause of bowel obstruction. Definitive diagnosis was not made until laparotomy. We present the unique management challenges posed and a review of the literature.
- Gastric Trichobezoar Causing Intermittent Small Bowel Obstruction: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. Coufal, Nicole G.; Kansagra, Akash P.; Doucet, Jay; Lee, Jeanne; Coimbra, Raul; Bansal, Vishal // Case Reports in Medicine;2011, p1
We report the unusual case of a 45-year-old woman who presented with multiple episodes of small bowel obstruction. Initial exploratory lap-roscopy did not reveal an etiology of the obstruction. Subsequent upper endoscopy identified a non-obstructing gastric trichobezoar which could not be...
- Small Bowel Obstruction due to Mesodiverticular Band of Meckel's Diverticulum: A Case Report. Sumer, Aziz; Kemik, Ozgur; Olmez, Aydemir; Cumhur Dulger, A.; Hasirci, Ismail; Iliklerden, Umit; Kisli, Erol; Kotan, Cetin // Case Reports in Medicine;2010, p1
Meckel's diverticulum is themost common congenital anomaly of the small intestine. Common complications related to aMeckel's diverticulum include haemorrhage, intestinal obstruction, and inflammation. Small bowel obstruction due to mesodiverticular band of Meckel's diverticulum is a rare...
- Intestinal obstruction due to a left paraduodenal hernia: a case report. Bouchentouf, Sidi Mohammed; Raissouni, Ferdaous; El Kaoui, Hakim; Bounaim, Ahmed; Jidal, Mohammed; Ait Ali, Abdelmounaim; Zentar, Aziz; Sair, Khalid // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Introduction A left paraduodenal hernia is a rare congenital malrotational anomaly of the midgut that occurs in the paraduodenal fossa of Landzert to the left of the fourth duodenum. It is responsible for approximately 1% of small bowel obstructions. Case presentation We report a case of left...
- Jejunal torsion around the right ureter presenting as postoperative bowel obstruction: a case report. Bircan, HuseyinYuce; Koc, Bora; Ozcelik, Umit; Demirag, Alp // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Introduction Since abdominal radical hysterectomy was first described by Clark and Reis in 1895, it has been commonly used in the primary surgical treatment of carcinoma of the cervix. We report the case of a 45-year-old woman who was diagnosed with a small bowel obstruction due to jejunal...