- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/11/2014, Issue 1483, p34
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old man who developed fatal bowel infarction while receiving clozapine.
- Vincristine: Paralytic ileus in an elderly patient: case report. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2013, Issue 1477, p33
The article presents a case study of a woman diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who was given chemotherapy including vincristine and developed paralytic ileus during treatment.
- Lithium. // Reactions Weekly;7/10/2010, Issue 1309, p27
The article describes the case of a 35-year-old woman who developed adynamic ileus while under lithium treatment regimen for bipolar disorder.
- Small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma: 2 case reports. // Reactions Weekly;8/27/2011, Issue 1366, p30
The article describes two case reports on older men who received treatment with warfarin but developed small bowel obstruction secondary to intramural haematoma.
- Meckel's diverticulum. Minford, Joanne; Abusanad, Osama // Pulse;9/19/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 30, p31
A case study of a 20 year old boy suffering with closed loop obstruction by a band associated with a Meckel's diverticulum is presented.
- Nadir bir mekanik bagirsak tikanikligi nedeni: gossibioma olgu sunumu. Karakas, Dursun �zg�r; Yilmaz, Ibrahim; S�c�ll�, Ilker; Y�cel, Erg�n; Balta, Ahmet Ziya; �zdemir, Yavuz // Gulhane Medical Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p326
Gossypiboma is uncommon and used to describe a retained surgical swab in the body after an operation. Although, intestinal obstruction occurs frequently after postoperative adhesions, gossyipiboma can be seen as a rare cause. In this article, we report an 80 year-old woman who was operated for...
- Gastric Trichobezoar Causing Intermittent Small Bowel Obstruction: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. Coufal, Nicole G.; Kansagra, Akash P.; Doucet, Jay; Lee, Jeanne; Coimbra, Raul; Bansal, Vishal // Case Reports in Medicine;2011, p1
We report the unusual case of a 45-year-old woman who presented with multiple episodes of small bowel obstruction. Initial exploratory lap-roscopy did not reveal an etiology of the obstruction. Subsequent upper endoscopy identified a non-obstructing gastric trichobezoar which could not be...
- A rare cause of bowel obstruction in pregnancy. Li, Yingda; Ang, Megan; Miller, Julie A // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 12, p1
We present the case of a 30-year-old woman admitted at 38 weeks and 3 days gestation with a rare cause of bowel obstruction. Definitive diagnosis was not made until laparotomy. We present the unique management challenges posed and a review of the literature.
- Warfarin. // Reactions Weekly;4/1/2013, Issue 1446, p23
An abstract of the case study "Colonic obstruction caused by intraluminal haematoma," by R. Thomas and colleagues is presented.