Possible case of levofloxacin-induced thrombocytopenia
- A new fluoroquinolone for use in community-acquired pneumonia and other infections. Preston, Sandra L.; Drusano, George L. // Formulary;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1002
Gatifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antimicrobial agent that exerts activity against a number of gram-positive and -negative pathogens, including penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae. It is similar to other newer quinolones in that it offers an expanded gram-positive spectrum of activity...
- Ciprofloxacin. // Reactions Weekly;10/8/2005, Issue 1072, p7
Presents a case report of thrombocytopenia in an elderly patient during ciprofloxacin therapy. Medical history; Platelet counts during intravenous ciprofloxacin and ceftriaxone therapy.
- Detection of aac(6â€²)-Ib-cr in KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from Tel Aviv, Israel. Chmelnitsky, Inna; Hermesh, Orit; Navon-Venezia, Shiri; Strahilevitz, Jacob; Carmeli, Yehuda // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Oct2009, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p718
Objectives: We aimed to evaluate the occurrence and characteristics of plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance (PMQR) genes in KPC-producing (KPC-P) Klebsiella pneumoniae (Kpn) isolates in Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel.
- Breast Abscess and Community-Acquired Resistant Staphylococcus aureus: Case Report and Literature Review. Ventolini, Gary; Barhan, Sheela; Haas, Jennifer // Journal of Gynecologic Surgery;Oct2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p251
Background: Mastitis is a complication that develops in 1%-24% of breastfeeding women. Breast abscesses complicate mastitis in 5%-11% of cases in the first 12 weeks after birth with Staphylococcus aureus being the most common microorganism retrieved from from breast abscesses. A small number of...
- Contribution of OqxAB efflux pumps to quinolone resistance in extended-spectrum-Î²-lactamase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae. Rodríguez-Martínez, J. M.; Díaz de Alba, P.; Briales, A.; Machuca, J.; Lossa, M.; Fernández-Cuenca, F.; Rodríguez Baño, J.; Martínez-Martínez, L.; Pascual, Á. // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jan2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p68
Objectives The aims of this study were to analyse the presence of oqxA and oqxB genes in a collection of extended-spectrum Î²-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae strains, to determine their chromosomal and/or plasmidic locations and to analyse expression levels in relation to...
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic evaluation of intravenous and enteral moxifloxacin in surgical intensive care unit patients. Kees, Martin Georg; Schaeftlein, André; Haeberle, Helene Anna; Kees, Frieder; Kloft, Charlotte; Heininger, Alexandra // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jun2013, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p1331
Objectives To describe the plasma concentrationâ€“time profile of moxifloxacin after intravenous and enteral administration in intensive care unit (ICU) patients and to provide a pharmacodynamic (PD) evaluation with regard to pneumonia. Patients and methods Twenty-five adult patients from a...
- Fluoroquinolones in the Elderly: Safety Considerations. Stahlmann, Ralf; Lode, Hartmut // Drugs & Aging;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p289
Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, moxifloxacin and gatifloxacin are widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections. Fluoroquinolone-induced adverse effects have not been reported to occur with increased frequency in the elderly, but large trials comparing the...
- New molecular entity. // Formulary;May2012, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p176
No abstract available.
- Levofloxacin approved for plague. // WHO Drug Information;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p116
The article reports on a 2012 decision which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration made to approve the drug levofloxacin for the treatment of plague.