Probable interaction between warfarin and bee pollen
- Interaction between topical miconazole and coumarins. Broos, Nancy; Puijenbroek, Eugène // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Nov2010, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p1171
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with an interaction between topical miconazole and coumarins.
- Standardizing the prothrombin time: Calibrating coagulation instruments as well as thromboplastin. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/8/93, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p1184
Presents an abstract on the comparison of prothrombin time and international normalized ratio. Warfarin dose; High correlation; Instrumentation effect; Need for calibration of coagulation instruments and thromboplastins to standardize warfarin therapy; Publication by Daniel M. Becker et al. in...
- Interaction between acetaminophen and warfarin in adults receiving long-term oral anticoagulants: a randomized controlled trial. Zhang, Qian; Bal-dit-Sollier, Claire; Drouet, Ludovic; Simoneau, Guy; Alvarez, Jean-Claude; Pruvot, Sandrine; Aubourg, Romain; Berge, Natacha; Bergmann, Jean-Francois; Mouly, Stéphane; Mahé, Isabelle // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Mar2011, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p309
Purpose: We investigated whether acetaminophen, given at 2 g/day and 3 g/day might potentiate the anticoagulant effect of warfarin. Methods: Forty-five patients on stable warfarin therapy, enrolled in this prospective, randomized, parallel (three arms), placebo-controlled study, received a...
- OF SPECIAL INTEREST. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 17, p1563
The article presents clinical updates. The necessity of providing high dosages to treat troublesome pathogens is discussed as standard dosages of antimicrobials fail to provide optimal bactericidal activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa. A study shows that using warfarin and concomitant...
- Moxifloxacin--acetaminophen--warfarin interaction during bacille Calmette-GuÃ©rin treatment for bladder cancer. Lee, Roy; Wen, Alice; Berube, Caroline // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p814
Purpose. The case of a patient receiving long-term anticoagulation with warfarin who had supratherapeutic International Normalized Ratios (INRs) after receiving concomitant acetaminophen and moxifloxacin as prophylaxis with bacille Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG) therapy for bladder cancer is reported....
- Highlighting patient eligibility for elective DC cardioversion: 'Jump Start' a software solution. Lapper, Andrew; Caines, Pauline; Puri, Pranay; Shoker, Bally; Smallwood, Andrew // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p492
Atrial fibrillation (AF) is the most frequently encountered sustained cardiac arrhythmia in clinical practice. Medical treatment strategies focus on either heart rhythm control or heart rate control combined with antithrombotic prophylaxis or anticoagulation. If a rhythm control strategy is...
- CHOLESTYRAMINE. // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2012, p250
The article presents information on cholestyramine, an antihyperlipidemic and antipruritic agent, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- CITRATES. // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2012, p256
The article presents information on citrates, a urinary alkalizer and antiurolithic agent, including its dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.
- CONTRACEPTIVES, ORAL & SKIN. // Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2012;2012, p280
The article presents information on oral and skin contraceptives including their dosage, usage, adverse reactions, side effects, precautions when administering, and possible interaction with other drugs.