Clinical Pearls in Nephrology
- Abstracts of Current Literature. Chen, Bob; Forman, Todd A.; Hudson, Thomas M.; Kasser, Richard J.; Kott, Karen // Physical Therapy;Aug2001, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p1470
Presents several abstracts on physical therapy. 'Effect of Foot Orthotics on Calcaneal Eversion During Standing and Treadmill Walking for Subjects With Abnormal Pronation,' by J.M. Genova and M.T. Gross; 'Randomized Controlled Trial of Patient Education to Encourage Graded Exercise in Chronic...
- Telomerase test outduels cytology in detecting bladder Ca. Scheck, Anne // Urology Times;May98, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
Compares cytology test with telomerase test in detecting bladder cancer. Recurrence rate of bladder cancer; Information on cystoscopy; Views of United States government on routine testing for bladder cancer.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome: Not a diagnosis in children. Huffman, Grace Brooke // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p1129
Presents information on a study in relation to chronic fatigue syndrome, which can be found in the Pediatrics journal of 1997 by AV Plioplys.
- What is this mysterious flu that won't go away. Scott, Stephanie // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p110
Offers a look at Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Symptoms; Examples; What it can cause; Research by Jay A. Goldstein; Signs tend to appear suddenly; Ailment remains a mystery; How it is diagnosed; Link between CFS and environmental toxins or allergens; Wide range of treatments that are being...
- Latest report: New drug for chronic fatigue syndrome. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1992, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
Announces how a new drug called ampligen may bring new hope to sufferers of chronic fatigue syndrome. Those patients receiving the new drug have fewer hospitalizations; Benefits; Details.
- General practitioners' perceptions of chronic fatigue syndrome and beliefs about its management, compared with irritable bowel syndrome: qualitative study. // Advances in Mind-Body Medicine;Fall2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p35
Presents an abstract of the article "General Practitioners' Perceptions of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Beliefs About Its Management, Compared With Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Qualitative Study," by R. Raine, S. Carter, T. Sensky and N. Black.
- Perception of Cognitive Performance in Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Metzger, Fredric A.; Denney, Douglas R. // Annals of Behavioral Medicine;2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p106
Explores discrepancies between perceived and actual performance by patients with chronic fatigue syndrome confronted with a challenging cognitive task. Comparison between chronic fatigue patients and controls on measures of fatigue, depression and performance on the Stroop task; Estimates of...
- Exercise--a promising treatment for CFIDS. E.B. // Medical Update;Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p4
Presents information concerning chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome. Etiology; Criteria needed in diagnosing the disease; Signs and symptoms; Use of gradual aerobic exercise in treating the disease; Theories on the cause of the disease.
- Toxic buildup in body clue to baffling cause of chronic fatigue syndrome. Bland, Jeffrey // Optimum Wellness;Winter97, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the symptoms of the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Traditional medical treatment for patients suffering from the symptoms; Muscle pain of fibromyalgia as a common symptom experienced by chronic fatigue sufferers; Nutrition intervention program for improving the health of patients...