A Minimal Model for Plankton Dynamics in Shallow Coastal Lagoons - Chilika Lagoon, A Case Study
- Influence of reservoirs on phytoplankton dispersion and functional traits: a case study in the Upper Paran� River, Brazil. Bovo-Scomparin, V�nia; Train, Sueli; Rodrigues, Luzia // Hydrobiologia;Feb2013, Vol. 702 Issue 1, p115
A confluence zone in the Upper Paran� River Floodplain was sampled to verify the influence of upstream reservoirs on the dispersion and colonisation of phytoplankton. We hypothesized that the dilutive effect and high discharge limit phytoplankton colonisation in the main stem and that the...
- The Effect of River Water Circulation on the Distribution and Functioning of Reservoir Microbial Communities as Determined by a Relative Distance Approach. �imek, Karel; Comerma, Marta; Garc�a, Juan-Carlos; Nedoma, Jir�; Marc�, Rafael; Armengol, Joan // Ecosystems;Jan2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The effect of river water quality, its inflow rate, and temperature on planktonic food web composition and activities were studied in the eutrophic Sau Reservoir (Catalonia, NE Spain). We analyzed 8 longitudinal transects conducted between July 1996 and April 1999 covering a wide range of...
- Bring 'Em Back Alive. Olendzenski, Lorraine // Appleseeds;Mar1999, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p16
Details how to sample planktonic organisms with a homemade net.
- LETTER FROM THE EDITORS. Nickerson, Inge; Rarick, Charles // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the Volume 14, Number 1, 2008 issue of the "Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies."
- Yum rewards champs. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2012, p94
The article presents a case study of the Yum Restaurants International which planned to organise an incentive award ceremony for its top performing managers for which the restaurant chose Cape Town, South Africa to host its event.
- Under-ice algae may upset polar ecology. Reardon, Sara // New Scientist;6/16/2012, Vol. 214 Issue 2869, p15
The article reports on the discovery of a phytoplankton bloom under the ice layer in the Chukchi Sea of the Arctic Ocean and discusses how such blooms may be linked to global warming and how they may affect the Arctic food web.
- "Nipple pacifier" like blister over middle finger. Inamadar, Arun C.; Palit, Aparna // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p710
The article presents a case study of a 3-year-old child who was brought to skin outpatient department (OPD) for bullous lesions over the right hand.
- Design and Control Issues in Qualitative Case Study Research. Lloyd-Jones, Gaynor // International Journal of Qualitative Methods;Spring2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Some methodologists have pointed to similarities between experimental method and case study research in terms of design, theory testing and development. However, little is known about how these debates inform qualitative research rationales. The use of a sequential dual case study provided an...
- Use of flood chronology for detailed environmental analysis: a case study of Lake Kizaki in the northern Japanese Alps, central Japan. Ito, Takuma; Iwamoto, Haruka; Kamiya, Koichi; Fukushima, Takehiko; Kumon, Fujio // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p1607
This paper presents a study of the usefulness of flood layers as a time marker in sediments and a report of a case study of Lake Kizaki in central Japan. A flood layer can be identified as a layer having a higher density, coarser grain size, lower TN content, and higher C/N ratio than those of...