Rhabdomyolysis associated with phentermine
- Rhabdomyolysis in a patient receiving ranolazine and simvastatin. Hylton, Ann C.; Ezekiel, Tanya O. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 21, p1829
Purpose. A case of rhabdomyolysis occurring shortly after the addition of ranolazine to a stable simvastatin regimen is reported. Summary. A 63-year-old Caucasian man with a history of hyperlipidemia and coronary artery disease arrived at an urgent care center with complaints of worsening...
- Trabectedin. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2014, Vol. 1489 Issue 1, p35
The article presents a case study of a 1-year-old female infant diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis developed while receiving trabectedin for Li-Fraumeni syndrome and metastatic left thigh sarcoma
- Multiple drugs interaction. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2014, Vol. 1519 Issue 1, p122
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old man diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure after administering drugs including ciclosporin, sirolimus and ciprofibrate.
- Gemfibrozil/simvastatin interaction. // Reactions Weekly;4/13/2013, Issue 1448, p17
The article presents a case study of an 81-year-old man who was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure after receiving simvastatin and gemfibrozil drugs for multiple comorbidities.
- Clarithromycin/colchicine interaction. // Reactions Weekly;11/14/2009, Issue 1278, p14
The article describes the case of a 48-year-old man who developed rhabdomyolysis following the addition of clarithromycin to his colchicine treatment. Particular focus is given to his dosing regimen. He experienced severe muscle pain, dyspnoea, fever and mild respiratory distress. The results of...
- Tramadol withdrawal. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2005, Issue 1035, p15
Discusses research being done on withdrawal symptoms after delayed tramadol intake. Reference to a study by C. Ripamonti et al published in the December 2004 issue of the "American Journal of Psychiatry"; Dosage of the drug received by the patient daily; Side effects of the drug.
- dextroamphetamine. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p373
The article presents a nursing guide to dextroamphetamine, a central nervous stimulant and amphetamine used for the treatment of narcolepsy and adjunct management of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Indications and contraindications are mentioned. Adverse reactions to the drug are...
- Omeprazole. // Reactions Weekly;5/1/2004, Issue 999, p12
Discuses research being done on the development of rhabdomyolysis in a male patient during treatment with intravenous omeprazole for Mallory-Weiss syndrome. Reference to a study by M. Hirano et al published in a January 2004 issue of the "Journal of Gastroenterology"; Drug dosage administered...
- Letters. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p1791
Focuses on the role of the drug, aminodarone in causing simvastatin-associated rhabdomyolsis. Recommended dosage of simvastatin when coadministered with amiodarone; Relationship between the dosage of amiodarone and the development of myopathy.