Pirogoff Amputation for Foot Trauma: An Unusual Amputation Level: A Case Report
- The treatment of soft tissue defects of the lower leg after traumatic open tibial fracture–comment. Batchelor, Andrew G. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Oct2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p309
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The treatment of soft tissue defects of the lower leg after traumatic open tibial fracture."
- Posterior ankle impingement syndrome caused by malunion of joint depressed type calcaneal fracture. Lui, T. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p687
Late complications after calcaneal fracture usually resulted in lateral heel pain. Malunion of joint depressed type calcaneal fracture can result in posterior ankle impingement pain. This is caused by the posterior calcaneal bone spike formed just behind the posterior calcaneal facet. We...
- Syme's operation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2254
Definitions of the term "Syme's operation," which may refer to foot amputation at the ankle joint, are presented.
- Improperly Fit Diabetic Footwear Causes Increase in Amputations. Kelley, Rachel // O&P Business News;10/1/2005, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p29
The article addresses the increasing rate of nontraumatic foot amputations for diabetic patients due to shoes that poorly fit, lack of referrals and inadequate training. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, from 2000 to 2001, approximately 82,000 nontraumatic lower...
- Tripier's amputation. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2240
A definition of "Tripier's amputation" is presented. It refers to the amputation of a foot with part of the calcaneus removed.
- Warning! Do not run into foot surgery. Shannon, Jacqueline // Cosmopolitan;Nov97, Vol. 223 Issue 5, p106
Provides information about foot surgery. Statistics on foot surgery; Reason why foot surgery needs careful consideration before being done; Alternative to foot surgery; How to seek medical advice concerning foot surgery.
- Use of a lateral tibial head buttress plate to repair a tibial fracture in a labrador retriever. McGuiness, K.; Doyle, R. S.; Glyde, M. R. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/7/2009, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p300
A lateral tibial head buttress plate designed for human beings was used to repair a highly comminuted tibial fracture in a two-year-old male labrador retriever caused by a gunshot wound. The plate was placed in a bridging fashion to provide minimal disruption of the fracture site and minimise...
- LIGAMENTOPLASTIA IN STABILITATEA GENUNCHIULUI POST FRACTURA PLATOULUI TIBIAL. Ungurianu, S. // Jurnalul de Chirurgie;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p145
The present paper aims at presenting a correct therapeutic behavior in treating the tibial proximal third fractures with the purpose of achieving a stable, painless, mobile, correctly anatomically reduced articulation, to minimize the risk of posttraumatic arthrosis. Methods: In the Clinic of...
- Researchers at Indus Hospital discover a new indication for use of Strontium Ranelate. // Pulse International;9/15/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p2
The article focuses on a study by researchers including orthopaedic surgeons Dr. Mansoor Ahmad, Dr. Kamran Ahmad and Dr. Amin Chinoy of Indus Hospital in Pakistan which discovered the efficacy of the osteoporosis medication Strontium Ranelate (Onita) in treating tibial fractures. Topics...