Proximal Patellar Quadricepsplasty Realignment During Total Knee Arthroplasty for Irreducible Congenital Dislocation of the Patella: A Report of Two Cases
- Patella retention versus replacement in total knee arthroplasty; functional and clinimetric aspects. van Hemert, Wouter L. W.; Senden, Rachel; Grimm, Bernd; Kester, Arnold D. M.; van Linde, Matthijs J. A.; Heyligers, Ide C. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Feb2009, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p259
Whether to resurface the patella or not in total knee arthroplasty still remains undecided. Classical scores and questionnaires might not be responsive or demanding enough. This study used two accelerometer based systems to study the hypothesis whether performance based tests are able to detect...
- Knee joint arthroplasty after tibial osteotomy. Amendola, Luca; Fosco, Matteo; Cenni, Elisabetta; Tigani, Domenico // International Orthopaedics;Feb2010, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p289
A total of 29 consecutive knee joint arthroplasties in 24 patients who underwent previous high tibial osteotomy (HTO) for medial unicompartment osteoarthritis of the knee and followed up for a mean of 97 months were compared with a control group of 28 patients with 29 primary total knee...
- Physiotherapy Exercise Provides Short-Term Functional Benefit After Total Knee Arthroplasty. Bourne, Robert B. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 5, p1172
The article reports on a study which found that total knee arthroplasty patients experienced short-term functional benefits from physiotherapy exercise. The patients, who all underwent knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis, had increased muscle strength, quality of life, and range of motion...
- Rheumatology: 10. Joint replacement of the hip and knee--when to refer and what to expect. Brady, Owen H.; Masri, Bassam A.; Garbuz, Donald S.; Duncan, Clive P. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/14/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p1285
Presents a clinical overview of joint replacement of the hip and knee in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Prevalence of hip and knee arthritis among elderly people; History of total joint arthroplasty; Indications, including inflammatory conditions, for joint replacement; Techniques and...
- Total knee replacement: Understanding patient-related factors. Dooley, Paul; Secretan, Charles // British Columbia Medical Journal;November 2016, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p514
Total arthroplasty of the knee to address symptomatic osteoarthritis has become increasingly common as the population ages. Many nonoperative treatment approaches exist and should be a ttempted before surgical intervention is considered. Surgical alternatives to total knee arthroplasty also...
- UNICONDYLAR KNEE ARTHROPLASTY: A CEMENTLESS PERSPECTIVE. Forsythe, Micheal E.; Englund, Roy E.; Leighton, Ross K. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p417
Compares the results of cementless unicondylar knee arthroplasty with a similarly reported study in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Patient characteristics; Comparison of knee scores of knees with more than 1 millimeter of radiolucency versus knee with no radiolucency; Radiolucency of cemented and...
- Review of change scores indicates UKA and TKA are equally successful. Press, Robert // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the clinical evaluation of unicompartmental arthroplasty (UKA) and total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and their clinical outcome scores involving change scores and raw postoperative scores.
- The Painful TKA: Diagnosis and Management. // Orthopedics;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p137
Presents a quiz about the diagnosis and management of painful total knee arthroplasty.
- TKA navigation yields greater tibial slope accuracy in prospective randomized study. // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the findings of Mark Widemschek of the Medical University of Innsbruck in Austria and colleagues that better tibial slope accuracy could be observed in 5-year computer navigated total knee arthroplasty (TKA) procedure.