The "Docking" Method for Periprosthetic Humeral Fracture After Total Elbow Arthroplasty: A Case Report
- The outcome of the cementless tapered SL-Plus stem: an analysis of arthroplasty register data. Labek, Gerold; Kovac, Simon; Levasic, Vesna; Janda, Wolfgang; Zagra, Luigi // International Orthopaedics;Jun2012, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p1149
Purpose: The aim of this study is to evaluate the outcome of the cementless SL-Plus stem in worldwide arthroplasty register datasets. Methods: A structured analysis was conducted the registered data about the SL-Plus stem manufactured by Smith&Nephew including published data from Australia as...
- Fake joints, real results. Part 1: Hip and knee replacement. Masri, Bas // British Columbia Medical Journal;November 2016, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p504
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including hip replacement technology for arthritis patients, knee replacement techniques with arthroplasty treatment of areas like elbows and ankles, and efforts of physicians in British Columbia.
- METALLOSIS AND METAL-ON-METAL BEARINGS. Beaule, Paul E.; Campbell, Patricia; Amstutz, Harlan C.; Iida, Hirokazu; Kaneda, Eishi; Takada, Hideaki; Kawanabe, Kanji; Nakamura, Takashi // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2000, Vol. 82-A Issue 5, p751
Presents correspondence about and metallosis and metal-onmetal bearings. Comments on the article, titled 'Metallosis due to impingement between the socket and the femoral neck in a metal-on-metal bearing total hip prosthesis. A case report,' by Iida and others; Reply of Iida and others on...
- Patient-reported outcome after fast-track hip arthroplasty: a prospective cohort study. Larsen, Kristian; Hansen, Torben B.; Søballe, Kjeld; Kehlet, Henrik // Health & Quality of Life Outcomes;2010, Vol. 8, p144
Background: A fast-track intervention with a short preoperative optimization period and short postoperative hospitalization has a potential for reduced convalescence and thereby a reduced need for postoperative rehabilitation. The purpose of this study was to describe patient-related outcomes,...
- A Surgeon With Experience. Ramsay, Maxine // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Elbow Options," in the September-October 2014 issue.
- In vivo three-dimensional kinematics of total elbow arthroplasty using fluoroscopic imaging. Futai, Kazuma; Tomita, Tetsuya; Yamazaki, Takaharu; Murase, Tsuyoshi; Yoshikawa, Hideki; Sugamoto, Kazuomi // International Orthopaedics;Aug2010, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p847
Higher complication rates and lower survivorship are still seen for total elbow arthroplasties compared to total knee and hip arthroplasties. This is partly due to polyethylene wear of the articular surface induced by excessive articular contact stress during elbow motion. The aim of this study...
- Methotrexate. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1503 Issue 1, p28
An abstract of the article "Fatal pulmonary lymphomatoid granulomatosis in a patient taking methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis," by K. Blanchart and colleagues is presented.
- Methotrexate. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1500 Issue 1, p27
An abstract of the article "Toxicity of methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis: A case report," by C. Marti Gil and colleagues is presented.
- Short-term revision risk similar for uncemented large-head, cemented THA. Craven, Jeff // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses a study on the relative risk of revision found among 8,059 cementless total hip arthroplasty (THA) procedures performed with large-diameter head metal-on-metal prostheses.