A Case of Chronic Conjunctivitis following Rituximab Therapy
- Pixantrone-based regimen associated with lower cardiotoxicity in patients with DLBCL. // Hem/Onc Today;9/25/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p30
The article discusses a study by professor Raoul Herbretcht and colleagues at the University Hospital of Strasbourg in France, published in "Annals of Oncology," which found that a pixantrone-based regimen substantially reduced cardiotoxicity in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBL).
- Adverse Reaction Research. // Reactions Weekly;8/30/2008, Issue 1217, p3
This section offers updates related to adverse drug reaction research. Researchers from Spain found that the most frequently reported postmarketing adverse reactions associated with trastuzumab and rituximab were heart failure and white blood cell (WBC) disorders respectively. A retrospective...
- Statins inhibit rituximab effect in rheumatoid arthritis. // Reactions Weekly;12/4/2010, Issue 1330, p4
The article discusses a research study on the role of statin use in inhibiting the antirheumatic effects of rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), published in the October 18, 2010 issue of the journal "Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases."
- Re-treatment strategy challenges maintenance therapy for rituximab use in low-burden FL. // Hem/Onc Today;12/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p58
The article discusses the results of a study by Brad S. Kahl of the University of Wisconsin which suggests the challenge posed by re-treatment strategy to maintenance therapy for rituximab use in low-burden follicular lymphoma (FL).
- FDA approves rituximab for advanced follicular lymphoma. // Hem/Onc Today;2/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the approval of the drug rituximab by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment for advanced follicular lymphoma.
- Infections in patients taking Rituximab for hematologic malignancies: two-year cohort study. Lanini, Simone; Molloy, Aoife C.; Prentice, Archibald G.; Ippolito, Giuseppe; Kibbler, Christopher C. // BMC Infectious Diseases;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Rituximab (R) is a chimeric human-murine anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody used to treat B-cell lymphomas. Despite R remarkable activity against malignant cells, there are concerns that R may facilitate the occurrence of infections. This study is aimed to define risk factors for...
- The addition of rituximab to front-line therapy with CHOP (R-CHOP) results in a higher response rate and longer time to treatment failure in patients with lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma: results of a randomized trial of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma... Buske, C; Hoster, E; Dreyling, M; Eimermacher, H; Wandt, H; Metzner, B; Fuchs, R; Bittenbring, J; Woermann, B; Hohloch, K; Hess, G; Ludwig, W-D; Schimke, J; Schmitz, S; Kneba, M; Reiser, M; Graeven, U; Klapper, W; Unterhalt, M; Hiddemann, W // Leukemia (08876924);Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p153
Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma (LPL) is an indolent lymphoma with moderate sensitivity to conventional chemotherapy. This study investigated whether the addition of rituximab to standard chemotherapy improves treatment outcome in LPL and the subgroup of LPL patients fulfilling the criteria of...
- I Tositumomab: A Viewpoint by Michael L. Grossbard. Grossbard, M.L. // BioDrugs;2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p203
Discusses the approval of an unconjugated anti-CD20 antibody rituximab for the treatment of patients with relapsed follicular and low grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Use of monoclonal antibody therapies in laboratories; Conjugation of antibodies with radioisotopes to permit the targeted delivery...
- Rituximab pays off long term. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/23/2010, Issue 595, p3
The article discusses research on the cost effectiveness of rituximab maintenance therapy in follicular lymphoma, that references a study by E. Deconick and colleagues published in the January 1, 2010 issue of "PharmacoEconomics."