- Etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;7/22/2006, Issue 1111, p11
The article presents a case study of a 44-year-old man who started receiving 25 milligram of etanercept twice weekly for ankylosing spondylitis and developed multiple cervical lymphadenopathies after six months of treatment.
- Etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;9/25/2010, Issue 1320, p22
The article describes the case of a man who developed chronic necrotising pulmonary aspergillosis (CNPA) while receiving treatment with etanercept for ankylosing spondylitis.
- ENBREL APPROVED FOR ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS. Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Nov-Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p43
Reports on the approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the use of etanercept Enbrel for people with alkylosing spondylitis, as of November 2003. Brief description of ankylosing spondylitis; Findings of a clinical trial of etanercept used in people with alkylosing spondylitis.
- The cost-effectiveness of etanercept in patients with severe ankylosing spondylitis in the UK. R. M. Ara; A. V. Reynolds; P. Conway // Rheumatology;Jul2007, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p1338
Objectives. To examine the costs and benefits associated with long-term etanercept (ETN) treatment in patients with severe ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in the UK in accordance with the BSR guidelines. Methods. A mathematical model was constructed to estimate the costs and benefits associated with...
- Arthritis drug approved for once-weekly dosing. // Drug Topics;11/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the administration of etanercept to adult patients with rheumatoid arthritis and in patients with psoriatic arthritis and active ankylosing spondylitis. Dosages of drug approved; Application to juvenile patients.
- Abnormal high-expression of CD154 on T lymphocytes of ankylosing spondylitis patients is down-regulated by etanercept treatment. Qu Lin; Zhiming Lin; Jieruo Gu; Feng Huang; Tianwang Li; Qiujing Wei; Zetao Liao; Shuangyan Cao; Yingjuan Jiang; Jinxian Huang // Rheumatology International;Jan2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p317
The pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) still remains an enigma. Although some studies have indicated the importance of T-cells and proinflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of the AS, it is still unknown whether co-stimulatory molecule CD154 participates in the pathogenesis of AS...
- Cost-effectiveness of etanercept in patients with severe ankylosing spondylitis in Germany. Neilson, Aileen R.; Sieper, Joachim; Deeg, Maria // Rheumatology;Nov2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p2122
Objectives. To estimate the cost-effectiveness of etanercept (ETN) plus usual care (including NSAIDs) compared with usual care alone (including NSAIDs) in patients with severe AS in Germany.Methods. A mathematical model previously applied to the UK was adapted using resource use and cost data...
- Etanercept concentrations in maternal serum, umbilical cord serum, breast milk and child serum during breastfeeding. Berthelsen, Birgitte G.; Fjeldsøe-Nielsen, Hans; Nielsen, Christoffer T.; Hellmuth, Ellinor // Rheumatology;Nov2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p2225
The article presents a study that examined the transmission of etanercept from mother to child at delivery and during breastfeeding based on the case of a 34-year-old female diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and treated with etanercept injections for four years. The results indicate...
- Safety and efficacy of etanercept therapy in ankylosing spondylitis patients undergoing phacoemulsification surgery. Kemény-Beke, ÁAdám; Szekanecz, Zoltán; Szántó, Sándor; Bodnár, Nóra; Módis Jr., László; Gesztelyi, Rudolf; Zsuga, Judit; Szodoray, Péter; Berta, András // Rheumatology;Nov2010, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p2220
The article discusses a study that examined the safety and efficacy of etanercept for ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in patients undergoing phacoemulsification surgery. Researchers observed patients who did not have any episode of uveitis in the last three months prior to phacoemulsification....