Performance Metrics Based on Forecast Variance - A Case Study
- INTERNAL AUDIT OUTSOURCING: EFFECTS ON OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS AND FIRM STABILITY OF THAI-LISTED FIRMS. Wangcharoendate, Suwan; Ngamtampng, Nantana // Journal of International Finance & Economics;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p60
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of internal audit outsourcing on firm stability via the mediating influences of operational effectiveness which include competitive advantage management, audit effectiveness, and corporate governance achievement. Employee competency...
- IMPACTS OF INTERNAL CONTROL STRATEGY ON EFFICIENCY OPERATION OF ORGANIZATION OF THAI LISTED FIRMS. Mongkolsamai, Varipin; Ussahawanitchakit, Phapruke // International Journal of Business Strategy;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
The objective of this research is to examine the impacts of internal control strategy on efficiency operation of organization of Thai listed firms. Internal control strategy consists of control environment, risk assessment, control activities, information and communications, and monitoring. In...
- BMI Forecast Modelling. // Kuwait Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2010, p61
The article provides information on the forecasting model employed by the Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. in analyzing the oil and gas industries in Kuwait. BMI use time-series model that varies from industry to industry. Moreover, common for the analysis is the integration of vector...
- How to develop a program that limits the impact of corporate fraud. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p31A
The article provides tips on how to deal the impact of corporate fraud. It suggests to develop a strong control environment that has competent governance and active board oversight. It also proposes to design as well as evaluate effectiveness of controls and the company's internal auditors...
- Validity Generalization Results for Two Job Groups in the Petroleum Industry. Schmidt, Frank L.; Hunter, John E.; Caplan, James R. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun81, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p261
Estimates the transsituational generalizability or transportability of the validities of four types of cognitive tests and a weighted biographical information blank for performance in petroleum industry job groups. Causal role of cognitive abilities in job performance; Application of the...
- BETWEEN THE EXTERNAL CONTROL AND THE INTERN CONTROL. Sorin-Ciprian, Teiuşan; Sorin, Briciu // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1496
Eight years ago, in a specialty paper, the authors appreciated that "the trade societies censors can be considered a combination between the own control and the external one of the enterprise". Starting from this statement, the authors of the present paper are asking a question, which can be...
- NEW NSPS AND NESHAP STANDARDS PUBLISHED FOR THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;8/16/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p4
The article offers information on the modified air standards including New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for the oil and gas industry in the U.S.
- Forecasting coverage in the finance curriculum. Vandenberg, Pieter A. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Spring98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the coverage of forecasting in the finance curriculum. Tendency of the forecasting course to be confined in economics and to be limited to regression analysis; Reasons for not having more forecasting coverage; Software usage in forecasting courses.
- STATE OF THE FUTURE INDEX (SOFI): A METHOD FOR IMPROVING DECISION MAKING THAT AFFECTS THE FUTURE. Gordon, Theodore J. // Futures Research Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the nature of the State of the Future Index (SOFI), which is an experimental approach to the statistical combination of historical records and forecasts of selected global indicators. Warnings about the index that must be considered; Computation of the SOFI.