Neuroleptic malignant syndrome secondary to aripiprazole initiation in a clozapine-intolerant patient
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;10/17/2009, Issue 1274, p36
The article describes the case of a 45-year-old woman who experienced hyperamylasaemia, hyperlipasaemia and neuroleptic malignant syndrome while being treated with risperidone for disorganised schizophrenia. She was admitted to a hospital with muscular stiffness, oppositivity, food phobia and a...
- Clozapine -- Induced Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome Associated with Rapid Dose Escalation. Tatar, Baran; Kurt, Erhan // Dusunen Adam: Journal of Psychiatry & Neurological Sciences;Mar2015, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p87
The article discusses a rare case of incomplete neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) following a rapid dose escalation of clozapine. It cites the case of a 50-year old man without history of NMS who was diagnosed with schizophrenia 32 years ago and has been treated with 400-600mg of clozapine...
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;9/4/2010, Issue 1317, p18
The article describes the case of a man who developed neuroleptic malignant syndrome while receiving treatment with clozapine due to paranoid schizophrenia.
- Clozapine/quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;5/15/2010, Issue 1301, p16
The article presents the case of a 49-year-old man with depression and psychosis who developed neuroleptic malignant syndrome symptoms while cross tapering and converting from quetiapine to clozapine.
- Clozapine. // Reactions Weekly;1/16/2016, Vol. 1584 Issue 1, p65
An abstract is presented for the article "Neuroleptic malignant syndrome and delirious mania as malignant catatonia in autism: Prompt relief with electroconvulsive therapy" by L. Wachtel and others, published in the journal "Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica" in the October 2015 issue.
- Zuclopenthixol. // Reactions Weekly;10/1/2011, Issue 1371, p38
The article describes the case of a 38-year-old man who developed neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) during treatment with zuclopenthixol for schizophrenia.
- Resolution of symptoms in neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Pereira, Yvonne D. S.; Srivastava, Ashish; Cuncoliencar, Bramhanand S.; Naik, Nayana // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p264
Although neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) manifests consistently with hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, altered mental state, and autonomic instability, heterogeneity exists in the onset, initial manifestations, course, laboratory findings, response to treatment, and pattern of resolution....
- Clozapine/aripiprazole/risperidone/valproate. // Reactions Weekly;1/24/2009, Issue 1236, p14
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old man with schizophrenia who developed neuroleptic malignant syndrome after starting treatment with clozapine. Other medications previously taken by the patient, such as aripiprazole, speridone and valproate, were also suspected. He reported neck...
- Chronic neuroleptic treatment reduces endogenous kynurenic acid levels in rat brain. Ceresoli-Borroni, G.; Rassoulpour, A.; Wu, H.-Q.; Guidetti, P.; Schwarcz, R. // Journal of Neural Transmission;Oct2006, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p1355
The brain and cerebrospinal fluid levels of kynurenic acid (KYNA), a metabolite of the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan degradation and antagonist of the glycineB receptor and the Î±7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, are elevated in persons with schizophrenia. To evaluate whether this...