Eruption Hematoma as a Possible Oral Sign of Infantile Scurvy
- Shaken Baby Syndrome or Scurvy? Clemetson, C. Alan B. // Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine;2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p193
Focuses on misconceptions regarding infantile scurvy. Medical prejudice concerning vitamin C deficiency; Problems to consider concerning infant nutrition; Reliability of laboratory analyses.
- Infantile Scurvy: An Old Diagnosis Revisited with a Modern Dietary Twist. Burk, Cynthia J.; Molodow, Rona // American Journal of Clinical Dermatology;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p103
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is necessary for the formation of collagen, reducing free radicals, and aiding in iron absorption. Scurvy, a disease of dietary ascorbic acid deficiency, is uncommon today. Indeed, implementation of dietary recommendations largely eradicated infantile scurvy in the US...
- Infantile Scurvy: Two Case Reports. Besbes, Leila Ghedira; Haddad, Samir; BenMeriem, Chebil; Golli, Mondher; Najjar, Mohamed-fadhel; Guediche, Mohamed-Neji // International Journal of Pediatrics;2010, p1
Background. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is necessary for the formation of collagen, reducing free radicals, and aiding in iron absorption. SCURVY, a disease of dietary ascorbic acid deficiency, is uncommon today. It still exists in high risk groups including economically disadvantaged populations...
- News you shouldn't miss…. Hall, Caroline B. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2011, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p32
This section presents updates related to pediatrics including the prevalence of misdiagnosed respiratory sounds in children, changes in vaccination recommendations for pregnant women, and the symptoms of food allergy in children.
- Asthma Inhalers May Pose Risks In The Milk-Allergic Child. // Child Health Alert;Jan2005, Vol. 23, p1
Discusses research being done on the health risk that asthma inhalers may pose to milk-allergic children. Reference to a study by A. Nowak-Wegrzyn et al published in a 2004 issue of "Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology" journal; Use of lactose in medicines; Discovery of traces of milk...
- The Link Between Vitamin C And Optimal Immunity. Robertson, Chad // Life Extension;Nov2015, p9
The article discusses the role of vitamin C in boosting an optimal immunity against various diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin C is noted to support and energize the immune system and enhance its immune function. Adequate intake and supplementation of...
- Editorial. Hoffer, A. // Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine;2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p187
Editorial. Introduces an article which deals with the shaken baby syndrome or scurvy, published in the December 2002 issue of the 'Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine.'
- FIFTY YEARS AGO, JUNE 1961. // Medicine & Health Rhode Island;Jun2011, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p188
The article discusses the topics which include poliomyelitis epidemic in Rhode Island, Vitamin C deficiency, and the practice of hypnosis.
- Shortage of vitamin C threatens health of immune system. Wood, Marcia // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1992, Issue 64, p9
Presents an article, courtesy of `FDA Consumer,' which states that a shortage of vitamin C threatens the health of the immune system. Decreases in the body's concentration of glutathione, a powerful component of the antioxidant defense system, caused by decreases in vitamin C intake; Foods high...