The Heavy Vehicle Study: a case-control study investigating risk factors for crash in long distance heavy vehicle drivers in Australia
- Student driver involved in accident. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/15/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 33, p3A
The article presents information that three people were injured including a female minor in a two-vehicle accident at the intersection of TX 29 and Rhomberg Street in Burnet, Texas on August 13, 2012.
- Foot Pain Following a Car Crash. Hichkad, Nandan R. // Clinician Reviews;Jul2013, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p37
The article describes the case of a 60-year-old women who experienced foot pain following a car crash.
- An unusual "internal" penetrating liver injury. Al Abdulla, J.; Carr, C. S.; Alkholaifi, A. M. // Emergency Medicine Journal;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p306
The article reports on the case of a 16-year-old boy who suffered a penetrating liver injury after being hit by a car.
- A case of bilateral simultaneous traumatic intertrochanteric fracture in a young patient due to dashboard injury. Harshvadhan, Jadeja; Prabhakar, M. M. // Internet Journal of Orthopedic Surgery;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p3
In orthopedic traumatology, a unilateral intertrochanteric fracture is probably one of the commonest fractures in the elderly. The incidence of bilateral pathological intertrochanteric fracture is also not uncommon. In this case report, we are presenting a case of bilateral simultaneous...
- Turkey: Icy roads claim seven more lives. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/5/2016, p1
The article reports that number of Turkish residents who died in traffic accidents has increased till January 5, 2015. It further briefly explains two accidents in which five people died and number of injured people was 25 whereas in other accident eight people died and 26 got injured. As...
- Injuries among Drivers in RTA. Ahmad, M.; Rahman, F. N.; Haq, M. R.; Nargis, N.; Karim, M. I. // Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science;Oct2015, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p346
Background: Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) are responsible for the greatest number of injuries and fatalities worldwide by killing around 1.2 million people each year and injuring another 50 million. Objective: To evaluate the present situation of Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) in Dhaka and to find...
- ATV injuries rise by 50% as other types decline. Lai, Tim // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p1169
Mentions that the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) says that the number of accidents related to all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) has increased by almost 50% since 1996-1997. Increases in New Brunswick, Alberta and Nova Scotia; Types of injuries, including fractures and dislocations.
- Crash. Gushee, David P. // Christianity Today;May2006, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p60
The article presents the author's experience in dealing with the car accident involving his daughter and how it taught him about human nature. Earlier in 2006, his 18-year-old daughter, Holly, pulled in front of a Chevy Tahoe on a rainy, windswept night and got T-boned on the driver's side at...
- Driver not at fault over injured girl. // Commercial Motor;6/20/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5540, p8
The article reports that the driver of an articulated truck was not found at fault of the head injuries experienced by a girl who was hit by the said truck on June 10, 2013 in Surrey, England.