Clinical Pearls in Men's Health
- Escitalopram Related Erectile Dysfunction and Spontaneous Ejaculation during Micturition. Belli, H.; Aslaner, D.; Ural, C.; Vardar, M. K.; Yesilyurt, S.; Gui, E. S. // West Indian Medical Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p715
The article presents a case study of a 43-year-old man who was taken to the hospital due to depression who later developed erectile dysfunction and ejaculation during micturition caused by escitalopram serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) drug. He was given escitalopram treatment for his...
- Foscarnet. // Reactions Weekly;7/31/2010, Issue 1312, p27
The article describes the case of a 24-month-old boy with cytomegalovirus (CVM) infection who suffered from dysuria and penile erosions after taking IV foscarnet.
- Aripiprazole. // Reactions Weekly;2/12/2011, Issue 1338, p7
The article describes two cases of micturition problems while under treatment with aripiprazole for psychotic diseases.
- Pediatric Voiding Dysfunction: A Case Study. Ellsworth, Pamela; Caldamone, Anthony // Urologic Nursing;Aug2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p259
The article presents a case study of a 14-year-old boy who was presented to the pediatric urology office for management and evaluation of an acute onset of frequent urination associated with straining to void. The patient admits recent constipation, but denied changes in his gait, hematuria,...
- Mirtazapine. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 1577 Issue 1, p173
The article presents a case study of a 55-year-old woman with urinary incontinence which developed during treatment of mirtazapine.
- Sildenafil Citrate (VIAGRA) Improves Erectile Function in Elderly Patients With Erectile Dysfunction: A Subgroup Analysis. Wagner, Gorm; Montorsi, Francesco; Auerbach, Stephen; Collins, Michael // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Feb2001, Vol. 56A Issue 2, pM113
Presents information on a study which assessed the efficacy and safety of oral sildenafil or Viagra for treating erectile dysfunction in elderly men. Study design and patient selection; Efficacy assessments; Adverse effects of Viagra; Tolerability of sildenafil in elderly patients.
- HIV/AIDS. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the increasing number of HIV cases among people over age 60 in Puerto Rico as of September 2007, according to the report from the "Miami Herald." HIV cases have increased by 25 percent compared with the same period in 2006. Reasons for the increase in HIV cases include the...
- Prevalence of Nocturnal Enuresis and Its Associated Factors in Primary School and Preschool Children of Khorramabad in 2013. Bakhtiar, Katayoun; Pournia, Yadollah; Ebrahimzadeh, Farzad; Farhadi, Ali; Shafizadeh, Fathollah; Hosseinabadi, Reza // International Journal of Pediatrics;2014, p1
Background. Nocturnal enuresis refers to an inability to control urination during sleep. This study aimed to determine the prevalence of nocturnal enuresis and its associated factors in children in the city of Khorramabad. Materials and Methods. In this descriptiveanalytic, cross-sectional...
- Urogenital mycoplasma: an emerging cause of deep wound infection after kidney transplantation? Loupy, Alexandre; Join-Lambert, Olivier F.; Bébéar, Cécile-Marie; Legendre, Christophe; Anglicheau, Dany // NDT Plus;Aug2008, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p239
The article presents a case study of a 64-year-old diabetic male who was admitted to the hospital for a kidney transplant. A sudden decrease of the urinary flow took place together with low-grade fever. He underwent physical examination, which helped discover an abdominal tenderness in the graft...