STUDIES AND RESEARCH REGARDING EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT OF THE DISTRICT HEATING SYSTEM AND HEAT SUPPLY IN AN URBAN AGLOMERATION IN ROMANIA. STUDY CASE FOR THE CHP PLANT IN BACAU
- Outcomes of the 5th International Scientific and Technical Forum "Theoretical Foundations of Heat, Gas Supply and Ventilation". // Magazine of Civil Engineering;2014, Issue 1, p5
The information of the 5th Forum "Theoretical foundations of HVAC" is presented. The paper states the structure of the conference and the subject of the most important presentations; notes the role of the forum in the development of the HVAC science.
- LETTERS. Phetteplace, Gary; Damiano, Leonard A.; Bearg, David W.; Mazzoni, Steve; McGraw, Michael; Lentz, Mark S. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issue including "Rethinking Central Utility Plants," by Carl C. Schultz in the August and September 2009 issue, "Multi Parameter Demand-Controlled Ventilation," in the August 2009 issue, and "Regenerative Dual...
- The Case of the Deadly Arc Flash. Miller, Benjamin D. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan2010, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p6
The article presents a case study of an electrical failure in a department store that injured one person and killed two persons in the U.S. The store has experienced several short power outages and erratic behavior of its heating and ventilation industry (HVAC) system computer. Moreover, a...
- Commissioning Case Study. // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p13
A case study of the construction and designing of the Arthur M. Blank Family Office (AMBFO) in Atlanta, Georgia is presented. It is stated that the focus was to allow 25% expansion in architectural programmed space and eliminate visual evidence and sound of the Heating & ventilation industry...
- Don't Forget About The Critical Fan. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/26/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 13, p14
Examines a few case studies that demonstrate how a fan can be a critical component of an air system in the United States. Use of a high-pressure centrifugal fan to supply combustion air for a kiln; Air handler that employed a single vaneaxial fan; Single fan at a metals plant.
- HOW GEOTHERMAL HAPPENS. // Popular Mechanics;Oct2009, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p106
The article offers information on geothermal system. It is reported that, in the ground, a water-filled, closed loop of 1-inch high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe ferries heat between the earth and the house, and drillers backfill each hole with bentonite grout or new enhanced grouts which are...
- UTC Power -- Create Power & Savings. // Energy & Power Management;Jun2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p35
Features the South Windsor, Connecticut-based energy solutions provider, UTC Power. History of the company; Products and services offered by the firm; Cooling, heating and power solution patents of the company.
- CHAPTER 9: DESIGN OF SMALL FORCED-AIR HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS. // ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating & Air-Conditioning Systems;2004, p9.1
Chapter 9 of the book "2004 ASHRAE Handbook: Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning System and Equipment" is presented. It explores the basic of design and component selection of small forced-air heating and cooling systems. It also explains the importance and describes the system's...
- Demand Response And Light Control. Ziegenfus, Scott // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 54 Issue 11, pB20
The article focuses on demand response (DR) in maintaining steady and controllable supply of electricity and its economic advantage (economic DR) as well as environmental factors (environmental DR) that can affect it. Two categories of DR handling strategies, it says, include load curtailment or...