STUDIES AND RESEARCH REGARDING EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT OF THE DISTRICT HEATING SYSTEM AND HEAT SUPPLY IN AN URBAN AGLOMERATION IN ROMANIA. STUDY CASE FOR THE CHP PLANT IN BACAU
- Outcomes of the 5th International Scientific and Technical Forum "Theoretical Foundations of Heat, Gas Supply and Ventilation". // Magazine of Civil Engineering;2014, Issue 1, p5
The information of the 5th Forum "Theoretical foundations of HVAC" is presented. The paper states the structure of the conference and the subject of the most important presentations; notes the role of the forum in the development of the HVAC science.
- LETTERS. Phetteplace, Gary; Damiano, Leonard A.; Bearg, David W.; Mazzoni, Steve; McGraw, Michael; Lentz, Mark S. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issue including "Rethinking Central Utility Plants," by Carl C. Schultz in the August and September 2009 issue, "Multi Parameter Demand-Controlled Ventilation," in the August 2009 issue, and "Regenerative Dual...
- Don't Forget About The Critical Fan. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/26/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 13, p14
Examines a few case studies that demonstrate how a fan can be a critical component of an air system in the United States. Use of a high-pressure centrifugal fan to supply combustion air for a kiln; Air handler that employed a single vaneaxial fan; Single fan at a metals plant.
- HOW GEOTHERMAL HAPPENS. // Popular Mechanics;Oct2009, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p106
The article offers information on geothermal system. It is reported that, in the ground, a water-filled, closed loop of 1-inch high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe ferries heat between the earth and the house, and drillers backfill each hole with bentonite grout or new enhanced grouts which are...
- Crushing cool pockets. Vastyan, Rachel // Greenhouse Management;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p46
The article describes the case of Molenaar Greenhouses, which decided to revamp its facility in Ivyland, Pennsylvania to resolve its problem of losing money and plants with a supposed inferior heating system.
- ASHARE works toward group adoption of updated 90.1. // Engineered Systems;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p74
Focuses on the efforts of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to promote the widespread use of its energy standard called Standard 90.1-2001. Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings; Expectation of the standard's...
- issues and events. // Engineered Systems;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p80
Reports developments in the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Plans of heating organization, ASHRAE to develop energy requirements for small commercial buildings; Publication of the standard 'Methods of Testing Direct Evaporative Air Coolers'; Completion of the...
- UTC Power -- Create Power & Savings. // Energy & Power Management;Jun2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p35
Features the South Windsor, Connecticut-based energy solutions provider, UTC Power. History of the company; Products and services offered by the firm; Cooling, heating and power solution patents of the company.
- Keeping up with the renewables rush. Sopwith, James // Heating & Ventilating Review;2007, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p26
This article assesses the growth of the renewable heating market in Great Britain in 2007. The author indicates the factors which contributed to the growth of the market, including the effort of the government to promote the use of renewable energy. He then presents the response by the heating...