Topiramate-induced myoclonus and psychosis during migraine prophylaxis
- Topiramate in migraine prophylaxis: a randomised double-blind versus placebo study. Mei, D.; Capuano, A.; Vollono, C.; Evangelista, M.; Ferraro, D.; Tonali, P.; Trapani, G. // Neurological Sciences;Dec2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p245
The objectives of this paper are to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of topiramate, given at the dose of 100 mg/day, in the prophylactic treatment of migraine. The hypothesis that migraine is the result of a condition of neuronal hyperexcitability and the quest for drugs that are able to...
- Topiramate. // Reactions Weekly;1/21/2006, Issue 1085, p26
The article presents a case report involving two women who developed anorgasmia during treatment with topiramate for migraine. It relates the irregularities that developed after starting treatment with topiramate. The impact of topiramate on sexual response is discussed.
- Anticonvulsant reduces migraine headache frequency. // Formulary;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p569
Discusses the findings of a study that the anticonvulsant topiramate reduces migraine frequency. Drug effectiveness; Drug dosage; Mean migraine monthly frequency.
- Topiramate effective migraine prophylaxis. // Formulary;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p129
Reports on the effectiveness of the antiepileptic, topiramate, in migraine prophylaxis. Recommended dosage; Reduction in the number of migraine episodes; Response rate of patients; Most common adverse effects.
- Topiramate. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p35
The article describes the case of a woman who developed myoclonus and psychosis while receiving treatment with topiramate for migraine.
- Topiramate. // Reactions Weekly;6/17/2006, Issue 1106, p18
Presents the case of a woman with migraine who developed an obsessive-compulsive disorder during treatment with topiramate. Daily dosage of topiramate received by the patient for one week; Symptoms experienced by the patient after using topiramate.
- Inconsistent placebo effects in NICE's network analysis. White, Adrian; Cummings, Mike // Acupuncture in Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p364
A letter to the editor is presented on a study conducted by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) on the effect of placebo on acupuncture.
- Topiramate: Is it More Than Prophylaxis of Migraine? From Neurological to Gynecological Indications. Abokrysha, Noha // Turkish Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p29
Topiramate is an anticonvulsant indicated for the treatment of epilepsy and migraine. More recently, it has been used for weight loss with significant success in some populations who have other indications, such as seizure disorders, in addition to obesity, but has not been reported in female...
- Effects of topiramate use on body composition and resting metabolic rate in migraine patients. Yaman, Mehmet; Ucok, Kagan; Demirbas, Hayri; Genc, Abdurrahman; Oruc, Serdar; Karabacak, Hatice; Koyuncu, Gokhan // Neurological Sciences;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p225
Topiramate is an anticonvulsant agent effective in the prophylaxis of migraine, which also induces weight reduction by an unknown mechanism. We investigated the effect of topiramate on resting metabolic rate, anthropometric measurements, and body composition in patients with migraine...