Adapting a generic tuberculosis control operational guideline and scaling it up in China: a qualitative case study
- WEBWISE. Evans, Roger // Nursing Standard;5/29/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p28
The article reviews the web site of the Public HealthAction Support Team, located at www.phast.org.uk.
- Get connected. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;8/10/2010, p24
A calendar of events for the Great Britain area from August 2010 to March 2011 is presented including the Families Going Forward five-day training course, the Wellbeing from Birth training course and the Our Voices, Our Health: Young People in Public Health Research innovative free event.
- Association's Governing Council conducts votes in New Orleans. Late, Michele // Nation's Health;Jan2015, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p25
The article discusses the policy statements adopted by the Governing Council of the American Public Health Association (APHA) during the association's 142nd Annual Meeting and Exposition in New Orleans, Louisiana in November 2014. Topics covered include a public health-based approach to...
- Evaluation of tuberculosis control programme in Khartoum State for the year 2006. SULEIMAN, M. M. AHMED; ARO, A. R.; SODEMANN, M. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jan2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p101
Background: Tuberculosis (TB) is among the top ten causes of global mortality. Sudan is among the countries with high TB prevalence; with an estimated incidence of 90/100,000 smear-positive cases. In 1993, the Khartoum State tuberculosis control programme was established. Since its...
- Tuberculosis in the Sierra Santa Marta, Veracruz. Montero-Mendoza, Elda; Zapata-Martelo, Emma; Vázquez-García, Verónica; Nzar-Beutelspacher, Austreberta; Sánchez-Pérez, Héctor Javier // Women's Studies Quarterly;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p105
Explores how the interplay between economic and gender factors shapes women's and men's perceptions of disease, search for attention and likelihood of success in treatment. Prevalence of tuberculosis in Veracruz, Mexico; Models that explain causes and symptoms of disease in different ways;...
- Progress towards tuberculosis control, India, 2001. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;3/22/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p89
Discusses the outcome of the national tuberculosis (TB) control program (RNTCP) in India. Incidence and prevalance of TB; Components of RNTCP; TB diagnosis; Service quality and treatment outcomes of RNTCP; Drug trials for TB treatment.
- TB or not TB. Ratcliffe, Lucy // New Zealand Doctor;8/13/2008, p2
The article reports that a group of researchers mostly from the MidCentral District Health Board in New Zealand is urging more vigilance in detecting tuberculosis (TB). The group analyzed the 2006 outbreak of TB in Palmerston North. The source of the epidemic was a 13-year-old Korean boy who...
- Genotype Analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Isolates from a Sentinel Surveillance Population. Cowan, Lauren S.; Crawford, Jack T. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Nov2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1294
Presents information on a genotype analysis of tuberculosis (TB) cases occurring in several surveillance sites in the U.S. from 1996 to 2000. Purpose of the creation of the National Tuberculosis Genotyping and Surveillance Network; Details on the number of isolates fingerprinted by TB...
- Community-based TB control in Myanmar: Cost and contribution of TB patient Self Help Groups. Wai Wai Han; Saw Saw; Lwin, Thandar; Thet Aung; Tin Mi Mi Khaing // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p5
An abstract of the article "Community-based TB control in Myanmar: Cost and contribution of TB patient Self Help Groups," by Wai Wai Han and colleagues is presented.