Paternal psychosocial work conditions and mental health outcomes: a case-control study
- Conquering Workplace Stress. Bromme, Trishe // BusinessWest;Jan2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the job stress. Effects of chronic stress on physical and mental health; Sources of stress in the workplace; Symptoms of stress.
- Perceived job stress and mental health in precision machine workers of Japan: a 2 year cohort study. Mino, Y.; Shigemi, J.; Tsuda, T.; Yasuda, N.; Bebbington, P. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan1999, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p41
Cites a study to determine the impact of perceived job stress on the mental health in occupational settings. Methods applied in the study; Analysis of multiple logistic regression; Dependency of type of job stress that predicts mental health on the characteristics of the workplace.
- Situational sources of stress for direct care staff in a public psychiatric hospital. Donat, Dennis C.; Neal, Bredga // Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal;Apr91, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p76
Identifies common situational sources of occupational stress experienced by psychiatric aides, mental health workers, and licensed practical nurses in a hospital setting in Virginia. Situations with high level of anxiety, depression, and confusion; Implications for institutional stress...
- Sequential tree method of examining the relationship between job stress and mental health. Brook, R.J.; Brook, J.A. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb95, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p287
Investigates the subjective variables which moderated the relationship between job stress and mental health in a group of middle managers. Analysis of 178 managers by sequential tree methods; Managers' insights into the relationship between job stress and mental health.
- Epidemiology of job stress and health in Japan: review of current evidence and future direction. Kawakami, N.; Haratani, T. // Advances in Mind-Body Medicine;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p210
Evaluates research findings over the past 15 years concerning the assessment of job stress in Japan. Relationship of job stress to mental and physical health; Effects of worksite stress reduction activities; Use of job stressor scales.
- Psychometry of a stress questionnaire and its use in the workplace. Kawada, Tomoyuki // Psychological Reports;Aug99, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p131
Examines the reliability and validity of the stress questionnaire and the relationship of responses to types of work by giving a self-administered questionnaire to a group of employees from different levels. Results of the principal axis factor analysis of the responses; Higher level of...
- Disparities in the Geography of Mental Health: Implications for Social Work. Hudson, Christopher G. // Social Work;Apr2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p107
This article reviews recent theory and research on geographic disparities in mental health and their implications for social work. It focuses on work emerging from the fields of mental health geography, psychiatric epidemiology, and social work, arguing that a wide range of spatial disparities...
- Fathers' Job Stress Can Affect Children Too. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Discusses a study about the effects of fathers' job stress on children.
- THE YIN AND YANG OF COMMUNITIES. Brown, Julie // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Sep2010, Issue 335, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Social connections" in the July 2010 issue.