- Periungual Tungiasis. Muehlstaedt, Michael // New England Journal of Medicine;12/11/2008, Vol. 359 Issue 24, pe30
The article presents the case of a 35 year old man with periungual tungiasis which he acquired on a holiday trip to Brazil. The author explains that tungiasis is an extoparasitosis caused by a fertilized female sand flea. The flea is endemic in South America, tropical Africa, and subtropical...
- Online Case Study: Feline dermatology. Craig, Mark // Companion Animal;Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p20
The article presents a case study of a 10-year old, neutered male, domestic short-haired cat on its four month history of focal crusting in several parts of its body including ears, face and digits. It reports that cat suffered from mild pruritus around the chest region and had no treatment. It...
- Histological Diagnosis of Madura Foot (Mycetoma): A Must for Definitive Treatment. Alam, Kiran; Maheshwari, Veena; Bhargava, Shruti; Jain, Anshu; Fatima, Uroos; ul Haq, Ershad // Journal of Global Infectious Diseases;Jan2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p64
Mycetoma, an uncommon chronic infection of skin and subcutaneous tissues in tropical countries is caused by true fungi (eumycetoma) or by filamentous bacteria (actinomycetoma). Since the treatment of these two etiologies is entirely different, a definite diagnosis after histopathological and...
- Healing burns with fire: The facilitations of experience in Tibetan Buddhism. Gyatso, Janet // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Mar1999, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p113
Considers how three key Tibetan Buddhist meditative traditions have understood the nature and value of experience. Distinctiveness of the Mahamudra ideas with roots in India; Representation of the Tibetan synthesis by the direct vision branch of Dzogchen; Importance of the initiation rites of...
- The Eye-Twitch Path to Peace. Larkin, Geri // Spirituality & Health;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p91
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of Buddhist meditation to relieve her eye-twitches arising from stress.
- Chan Meditation Center. // Middle Way;Nov2012, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p289
The article reviews the web site of the Chan Meditation Center in New York.
- Is urtication of this bump a worrisome sign? Grippe, Kristen // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p14
The article presents a case study of a 4-month-old white female baby with a bump on her back. Her mother applied hydrocortisone cream but with no effect. The patient's medical history shows intrauterine growth restriction and revealed no abnormalities. Diagnosis confirmed mastocytoma which...
- becoming ourselves. Hayden, Meara Claire // Tricycle: The Buddhist Review;Winter2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of learning Buddhist meditation.
- Mary Quagliata. Yates, Barbara // Ceramics Monthly;Jan2002, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
Profiles Mary Quagliata, a ceramic sculptor in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Interest in Buddhist meditation; Ceramic sculptures found in the house; Educational background in San Francisco Art Institute in California.