Periorbital edema associated with separate courses of ibuprofen and naproxen
- Even low doses of NSAIDs pose a GI threat. Chase, Sandra L. // RN;Mar98, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p78
Focuses on an epidemiologic survey which indicates that gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding can be caused by over the counter doses of ibuprofen and naproxen. Reference to low doses of the drugs causing GI bleeding; What symptoms the drugs are used for.
- Can taking painkillers cause miscarriage? Kazakina, Katya // Glamour;Apr2004, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p116
Reports that ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin may raise the risk of miscarriage according to a study at the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research in Oakland, California.
- Ibuprofen. // Reactions Weekly;1/19/2008, Issue 1185, p18
The article presents a case study of 38-year-old man who developed severe dyspnoea and elevated blood pressure (BP) two weeks after initiating ibuprofen following surgery for calcaneal bone fractures. He was treated with ACE inhibitors, diuretics and a Î²-blocker. After discontinuing ibuprofen...
- Advances in the Treatment of Migraine in Kids. // Pediatrics for Parents;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p2
Evaluates the advances on migraine treatment among children. Definition of migraine; Approval on the use of ibuprofen and naproxen in children for migraine treatment by the Food and Drugs Administration; Efficacy of prescribed treatments.
- Preferential Solvation of Ibuprofen and Naproxen in Aqueous 1,2-Propanediol. Marcus, Yizhak // Acta Chimica Slovenica;2009, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p40
The recently published study of the solubility of ibuprofen (IBP) and naproxen (NAP) in aqueous 1,2-propanediol (PG) at several temperatures had as its purpose the modeling of the solubilities in terms of the solvent composition. It did not show how these drugs are preferentially solvated by...
- Acetaminophen Leads Analgesics. Boswell, Clay // Chemical Market Reporter;9/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 8, p8
Reports on developments in the analgesics industry as of September 9, 2002. Acetaminophen's dominance of the over-the-counter analgesics market; Solid growth posted by ibuprofen and naproxen; Prices, demand and supply.
- Naproxen/quinapril. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p33
The article describes the case of a 68-year-old man who developed angioedema after receiving naproxen and quinapril for gout-associated pain.
- Back Pain in the Rotary-Wing Community. Sargent, Paul; Bachmann, Angela // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p30
The article features back pain, classified as the most common problem among aviators, especially those who belong to the rotary-wing community. It is also found to be the fifth most common cause of absenteeism. Back pain is said to be localized when limited to an area such as radicular, when...
- Crystallo-co-agglomeration: A novel particle engineering technique. Paradkar, Anant R.; Pawar, Atmaram P.; Jadhav, Namdeo R. // Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics (Medknow Publications & Media Pvt;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Crystallo-co-agglomeration (CCA) is a novel particle engineering/design technique developed by Kadam et al, to overcome the limitations of spherical crystallization (SC). Basically, it's single step process used for size enlargement of single, two or more, small dose or large dose drugs, in...