Black pleural effusion in melanoma
- Pleural fluid in hospitalized pediatric patients. Alkrinawi, S.; Chernick, V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1996, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p5
Looks at a review of charts on children hospitalized in Canada with pleural effusion established by radiographic study to the chest between 1987-1993. Findings; Statistics; Age group; Conditions associated with pleural effusion.
- Diagnosis and management of malignant pleural effusions. // American Family Physician;11/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p1886
Reports on an article published by Fenton and Richardson in the July 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Surgery' on the diagnosis and management of malignant pleural effusions.
- Pegfilgrastim overdose. // Reactions Weekly;5/22/2010, Issue 1302, p36
The article describes the case of a 79-year-old man who experienced pleural effusion after mistakenly self-administering an overdose of pegfilgrastim.
- Iodised oil. // Reactions Weekly;9/18/2010, Issue 1319, p29
The article describes the case of a 55-year-old woman who presented pleural effusion after transarterial chemoembolisation (TACE) with iodised oil, referencing a study published in the July 2010 issue of the journal "Chest."
- Pentoxifylline inhibits the fibrogenic activity of pleural effusions and transforming growth factor-beta. Entzian, P.; Schlaak, M.; Seitzer, U.; Acil, Y.; Ernst, M.; Zabel, P. // Mediators of Inflammation;Apr97, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p119
PHYSIOPATHOLOGY of organ fibrosis is far from being completely understood, and the efficacy of the available therapeutic strategies is disappointing. We chose pleural disease for further studies and addressed the questions of which cytokines are relevant in pleural fibrosis and which drugs might...
- Additive Effect of Interleukin-12 and Interleukin-18 on the T-helper Cell Pathway of Malignant Pleural Effusion. Yao, N.S.; Chen, Y.M.; Perng, R.P.; Whang-Peng, J. // Lung;2002, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p15
Discusses the role of interleukin-18 in the functioning of lymphocytes isolated from malignant pleural effusions. Effusion-associated lymphocytes; Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; Cytotoxicity assays.
- Pleural Effusion and Serum Soluble Fas-Ligand Levels Are Elevated in Different Clinical Conditions. Wang, P.S.; Chen, Y.M.; Hsieh, Y.L.; Yu, C.F.; Tsai, C.M.; Perng, R.P. // Lung;2002, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p25
Investigates pleural effusion and serum sFas ligand levels under various clinical conditions. Marker for differentiation of bacterial empyema and tuberculosis pleurisy from other disease entities; Sensitivity and specificity of pleural fluid sFas ligand; Localized inflammatory reaction.
- Answer to case of the month #79 Mediastinal pancreatic pseudocyst. Lemay, Keith // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p358
Presents the diagnosis of pancreatic pseudocyst in a 71-year-old woman in North America. Detection of small bilateral pleural effusions; Displacement of the distal part of the esophagus; Use of laparotomy with cyst-gastrostomy for treatment.
- Significance of pleural fluid cholesterol and beta-2 microglobulin levels for the differentiation... Kalayci, Ayhan Gazi; Gurses, Nuran // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul1996, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p353
Studies 60 children with pleural effusions to determine the usefulness of different criteria for the separation of transudates from exudates. Determination of pleural cholesterol, pleural/serum cholesterol ration and pleural/serum beta-2 microglobulin; Comparison with Light's criteria, namely...