Cortical rim sign and acute renal infarction
- Cross sectional longitudinal study of spot morning urine... Ruggenenti, Piero; Gaspari, Flavio; Perna, Annalisa; Remuzzi, Giuseppe // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/14/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7130, p504
Determines the reliability of protein:creatinine ratio as an indicator of 24 hour urinary protein excretion in non-diabetic patients with chronic nephropathy. Methodology of the study; Findings on glomerular filtration rate; Account on the progression of renal disease; Conclusions.
- Bilateral Renal Infarction in a Lupus Patient: An Unusual Pathology. Padilla-FernÃndez, BÃrbara; GarcÃa-Casado, Diana; MartÃn-Izquierdo, Manuela; Manzano-RodrÃguez, Carmen; GarcÃa-GarcÃa, Javier; Lorenzo-GÃmez, MarÃa F. // Clinical Medicine Insights: Case Reports;2013, Issue 6, p87
Acute renal infarction is still an underdiagnosed pathology. Most cases are secondary to arterial embolism in patients with atrial fibrillation or other cardiac illnesses; however, a less known etiology is the vascular affection of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Renal infarction in lupus...
- 3D Helical CT Accurately Diagnoses Renal Cancer. // Kidney;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p101
Discusses the abstract of the research paper entitled 'Three-dimensional CT stereoscopic visualization of renal masses: Impact on diagnosis and patient treatment,' by P.A. Smith, F.F. Marshall et al and published in a 1997 issue of 'American Journal of Radiology.'
- CALCULUS, KIDNEY STONE PANEL. Schnell, Zoanne Burgess; Van Leeuwen, Anne M.; Kranpitz, Todd R. // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2003, p266
Presents a comprehensive guide to laboratory and diagnostic test for calculus or kidney stone analysis. Specimen collected and reference value for the test; Discussion on the physiology of renal calculi; Information on interfering factors for the test; Nursing implications and procedure.
- Monitoring of systemic candidiasis by 18F-FDG PET/CT. Avet, John; Granjon, Denise; Prevot-Bitot, Nathalie; Isnardi, Vanina; Berger, Claire; Louis Stephan, Jean; Dubois, Francis // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Nov2009, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1900
The article presents a case study of a 16-year-old patient with leukemia who suffered from myalgia, myocardial dysfunction and athralgia after taking chemotherapy. Based on an F-18-flurodeoxygluocose (FDG) positron emission tomography findings, the patient had multiple kidney and spleen...
- Putty Kidney. Kumar, Vivek; Jha, Vivekanand; Sakhuja, Vinay // Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p255
The article reports on the medical condition of a 28-year-old man who was diagnosed with putty kidney secondary to past renal tuberculosis after a computed tomography.
- Unfavorable Anatomical Factors Influencing the Success of Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery for Lower Pole Renal Calculi. Kilicarslan, Hakan; Kaynak, Yurdaer; Kordan, Yakup; Kaygisiz, Onur; Coskun, Burhan; Omur Gunseren, Kadir; Mutlu Kanat, Feyzi // Urology Journal;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2065
Purpose: To determine the unfavorable factors, related to lower pole anatomical characteristics (LPACs), influencing the success of retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS) for lower pole renal calculi (LPC). Materials and Methods: We reviewed the data of 36 patients who underwent RIRS for LPC...
- P/C Ratio: Simple Method of Establishing Progression of Renal Disease. // Kidney;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p191
Discusses the abstract of a study entitled 'Cross sectional longitudinal study of spot morning urine protein:creatinine ratio, 24 hour urine protein excretion rate, glomerular filtration rate, and end stage renal failure in chronic renal disease in patients without diabetes,' by P. Ruggenenti,...
- Isolated proteinuria in asymptomatic patients. Robinson, Roscoe R. // Kidney International;Sep1980, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p395
Discusses the case of a 38-year-old man who was evaluated at the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina, for routine followup of known proteinuria for 19 years. Qualitative proteinuria; Results of physical and laboratory examinations; Diagnostic and prognostic uncertainty...