Mechanical Failure of the Repiphysis Expandable Prosthesis
- Aerospace alloy makes long-lasting tools. // Machine Design;4/18/94, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p38
Features the application of the AerMet 100 nickel-cobalt steel alloy in the marine turbo propeller manufacturing process of Precision Propeller Incorporated.
- Analysis and Modelling of Wear of Cobalt—chrome Alloys in a Pin-On-Plate Test for a Metal-On-Metal Total Hip Replacement. Jin, Z M; Firkins, P; Fisher, J; Farrar, R // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part H;Nov2000, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p559
The complex interaction between wear and bearing surfaces of two contacting solids was investigated in this study, with particular reference to the use of metal-on-metal material combinations for artificial hip joint replacements. The contact mechanics model was coupled with the wear model and...
- Noise characteristics in Co-Cr perpendicular recording media. Aoyama, M.; Tagami, K. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1985, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p4031
Presents a study which analyzed the noise characteristics in cobalt-chromium (Co-Cr) and Co-Cr/nickel-iron (Ni-Fe) perpendicular recording media based on an uncorrelated particle magnetization model. Theoretical analysis; Results of the study; Conclusions.
- Effect of additional element (Fe, Zr, Ta) for Co-Cr films deposited by targets facing type of sputtering. Naoe, M.; Matsuoka, M.; Hoshi, Y. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1985, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p4019
Presents a study which investigated the effect of additional elements iron, zirconium and tantaium for cobalt-chromium films deposited by targets facing type of sputtering. Experimental procedure; Results of the study; Conclusion.
- Wear Performance of Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene on Oxidized Zirconium Total Knee Femoral Components. Spector, Myron; Ries, Michael D.; Bourne, Robert B.; Sauer, Willard S.; Long, Marc; Hunter, Gordon // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2001 Supplement 2 Part 2, Vol. 83-A, p80
Compares the performances of a metallic cobalt-chromium alloy and oxidized zirconium in a knee simulator. Efforts to reduce wear of total knee replacements; Development of oxidized zirconium to improve resistance to roughening, frictional behavior and biocompatibility.
- Novel Alloy for Speciality Needle Applications. Keehan, E.; Cavanagh, C.; Gergely, V. // Medical Device Technology;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on the advancements of endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery. It cites a cobalt-chromium (CoCr) based alloy, optimised for speciality needle applications, that has been assessed against Type 304 stainless steel in a mechanical test and experimental needle trials. A study...
- Uticaj ponovnog livenja na modul elastiÄnosti metal-keramiÄkih sistema nikl-hrom i kobalt-hrom legura. Mirković, Nemanja // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Jul2007, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p469
Background/Aim. Elastic modulus of metal-ceramic systems determines their flexural strenght and prevents damages on ceramics during mastication. Recycling of basic alloys is often a clinical practice, despite the possible effects on the quality of the future metal-ceramic dentures. This research...
- The Flexure Modulus of Elasticity of Orthodontic Wires. GOLDBERG, A. J.; MORTON, J.; BURSTONE, C. J. // Journal of Dental Research;Jul1983, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p836
The flexure moduli of elasticity of solid and multi-stranded orthodontic wires were determined. Results for the solid wires approximated their tensile values, but the differences were statistically significant for the stainless steel, chromium-cobalt-nickel, and nickel-titanium alloys. The...
- Effects of Conventional Welding and Laser Welding on the Tensile Strength, Ultimate Tensile Strength and Surface Characteristics of Two Cobalt-Chromium Alloys: A Comparative Study. Madhan Kumar, Seenivasan; Sethumadhava, Jayesh; Anand Kumar, Vaidyanathan; Manita, Grover // Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society;Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of laser welding and conventional welding on the tensile strength and ultimate tensile strength of the cobalt-chromium alloy. Samples were prepared with two commercially available cobalt-chromium alloys (Wironium plus and Diadur alloy). The...