A Granulomatous Mass Surrounding a Maverick Total Disc Replacement Causing Iliac Vein Occlusion and Spinal Stenosis
- Quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;3/9/2013, Issue 1443, p32
An abstract of the article "Peripheral oedema in quetiapine therapy," by A. J. McSkimming and colleagues is presented.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AND ANTIPYRETIC PROPERTIES OF THE RHIZOME OF COSTUS SPECIOSUS (KOEN.) SM. K., Binny; G., Sunil Kumar; Thomas, Dennis // Journal of Basic & Clinical Pharmacy;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p177
Rhizome of Costus speciosus has been traditionally used for treating inflammatory and painful conditions. The objective of the present study was to provide a scientific basis for the traditional use. The ethanolic extract of the rhizome of Costus speciosus possesses anti-inflammatory and...
- Anti-inflammatory Property of the Methanol Extracts of the Ascidian Eudistoma viride in Rat Models. Ansari, Thameemul; Ravichandran, V.; Suba, V. // Journal of Pharmacy Research;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p5131
Eudistoma viride methanol extract was investigated for their inflammatory properties by measuring the inhibition of carragenan induced paw edema and cotton pellet induced granuloma. The extract at 100 and 200 mg/kg body weight significantly (P<0.05) reduced the edema paw volumes induced by...
- SCREENING OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AND ANTI ANALGESIC ACTIVITY OF CONVOLVULUS PLURICAULIS CHOISY. Agarwal, Parul; Sharma, Bhawna; Alok, Shashi // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p2458
Objective: This study was designed for Screening of anti-inflammatory and anti-analgesic activity of ethanolic extract of Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy in various animal experimental models. Material and Methods: Ethanolic extract of Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy evaluated for...
- Antiinflammatory Activity of a Polyherbal Formulation. DEORUKHAKAR, S. R.; DETHE, A.; VOHRA, R. R.; GHOSH, R.; CHAUDHARY, J.; KADAM, V. // Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences;2008, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p785
The antiinflammatory activity of the polyherbal formulation EntoxÂ® was investigated in rats for acute and sub acute models of inflammation using carrageenan-induced rat paw edema and cotton pellet granuloma methods respectively at a dose of 300 mg/kg and 600 mg/kg administered orally. The...
- Conservative treatment of an obstructing vocal fold granuloma. Boseley, Mark E.; Myers, Karen V. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p550
Describes the case of a woman with an obstructing vocal fold granuloma. Medical history of the patient; Examination done on the patient; Presence of Reinke's edema and pachydermia; Effectiveness of treating a large vocal fold granuloma with a proton-pump inhibitor and lifestyle modification.
- Laryngeal granulomas of the false vocal fold. Sataloff, Robert Thayer; Spiegel, Joseph R. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Oct1995, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p687
Presents a case of a prominent granuloma of the false vocal fold. Conditions; Treatment; Results of treatment.
- Vocal process granuloma. Al-Dousary, Surayie // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jun1997, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p382
Presents a study on thirteen patients with vocal process granuloma or contact ulcer. Complaints of patients suffering from the disease; Material and methods used in the study; Results of the study; Diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
- Successful Treatment of Generalized Granuloma Annulare with Polyethylene Sheet Bath PUVA. Szegedi, Andrea; Bégány, Ágnes; Hunyadi, János // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;03/18/99, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p84
Presents a case in the treatment of generalized granuloma annulare with polyethylene sheet bath. Initiation of polyethylene sheet bath PUVA therapy; Requirement for prolong term treatment and potential side-effects; Elimination of risk of intra-individual variations in plasma level.