Dairy Biogas System Effective And Economical On Small Farm
- Anaerobic Digestion Technology: How Agricultural Producers and the Environment Might Profit from Nuisance Lawsuits. KESKE, CATHERINE M. H. // Natural Resources Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p315
Anaerobic digestion technology converts biomass into biogas, which may be purified into methane. Agricultural producers use a generator to convert the methane biogas into electricity, which they can later use, or sell in its purified form. Anaerobic digesters improve environmental quality, as...
- Sewage by Any Other Name. // Water Canada;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the decision of the commission that orders the implementation of the Core Area Wastewater Treatment Program in Canada to give the program its new name, Seaterra.
- Identification of Technical and Biological Nutrients (cradle-to-cradle) towards Environmental Sustainability : A Case study of an Electrical and Electronic Equipment Industry in Malaysia. Khairul, Nadiah I.; Azmatun, A.; Nadia, R. // Journal of Solid Waste Technology & Management;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p158
As the demand for electrical and electronic equipments (EEE) especially semiconductors has increased from time to time due to rapid technology and innovation development, the EEE scrap or waste (e-waste), dumped into landfills is also increasing. Realizing the harmful effect e-waste can cause,...
- Method and Equipment for Biogas Production by Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Waste. Beschkov, Venko // Advances in Bulgarian Science;2006, Vol. 1, p34
Focuses on the method and equipment for biogas production by anaerobic treatment of organic waste used in environmental protection and energetics developed by Bulgarian inventors. Advantages of the equipment; Capability of the equipment to treat wastewater with high chemical oxygen demand loading.
- Evaluating Digester Design For Electricity Generation. Viquez, Joaquín; Lansing, Stephanie; Martínez, Helen // BioCycle;Feb2008, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p51
The article presents a case study involving a biomass waste anaerobic digester used for the generation of electricity. The author states that Costa Rica's EARTH University has used a digester designed by a Taiwanese company to power a Cummins Power Generator in order to provide electricity for...
- European case studies for anaerobic digestion of biomass. Dorz, D.; Dr.-Ing. // Proceedings of the International Conference on Waste Technology ;2008, p175
Biogas production and utilization in big industrial anaerobic digestion plants is a very common way in Europe to treat biomass from municipality, industry ad agriculture. European case studies of anaerobic digestion plants are presented in this paper.
- Dry Anaerobic Digestion of Fresh Feedyard Manure: A Case Study in a Laboratory Setting. Borhan, Md Saidul; Rahman, Shafiqur; Ahn, Heekwon K. // International Journal of Emerging Sciences;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p509
Recently, Dry Anaerobic Digestion (DAD) of solid manure has acquired increasing interest because of its robustness, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness over conventional anaerobic digestion system. A laboratory scale DAD system was fabricated, used with feedlot manure and inoculum mix at a ratio...
- Biogas production on dairy farms: A Croatia case study. Bilandžija, Nikola; Voća, Neven; Krička, Tajana; Jurišić, Vanja; Matin, Ana // Mljekarstvo / Dairy;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p22
In order to determine the differences in the production and composition of biogas as well as the quality of digested residue from anaerobic digestion of the raw materials generated by dairy farms in Croatia, investigations were undertaken in the biogas laboratory facility of the Faculty of...
- Start-up of a multi-stage system for biogas production and solid waste treatment in low-tech countries. Biey, E. M.; Musibono, E. D.; Verstraete, W. // Water Science & Technology;2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p239
Vegetable fruit garden wastes were treated anaerobically using a multistage Dranco system. The digesters were composed of three 50 L vessels kept in mesophilic conditions. They were operating at 14.5-17% TS. By controlling the pH in the system, the start-up for biogas production was shortened to...