Dairy Biogas System Effective And Economical On Small Farm
- FEDERAL BIOGAS OPPORTUNITIES ROADMAP. Serfass, Patrick // BioCycle;Sep2014, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p54
The article discusses the roadmap for the biogas industry as prepared by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Topics include the lack of technical and financial data on biogas, and benefits of anaerobic...
- Sewage by Any Other Name. // Water Canada;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
The article focuses on the decision of the commission that orders the implementation of the Core Area Wastewater Treatment Program in Canada to give the program its new name, Seaterra.
- Method and Equipment for Biogas Production by Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Waste. Beschkov, Venko // Advances in Bulgarian Science;2006, Vol. 1, p34
Focuses on the method and equipment for biogas production by anaerobic treatment of organic waste used in environmental protection and energetics developed by Bulgarian inventors. Advantages of the equipment; Capability of the equipment to treat wastewater with high chemical oxygen demand loading.
- Anaerobic Digestion Technology: How Agricultural Producers and the Environment Might Profit from Nuisance Lawsuits. KESKE, CATHERINE M. H. // Natural Resources Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p315
Anaerobic digestion technology converts biomass into biogas, which may be purified into methane. Agricultural producers use a generator to convert the methane biogas into electricity, which they can later use, or sell in its purified form. Anaerobic digesters improve environmental quality, as...
- Start-up of a multi-stage system for biogas production and solid waste treatment in low-tech countries. Biey, E. M.; Musibono, E. D.; Verstraete, W. // Water Science & Technology;2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p239
Vegetable fruit garden wastes were treated anaerobically using a multistage Dranco system. The digesters were composed of three 50 L vessels kept in mesophilic conditions. They were operating at 14.5-17% TS. By controlling the pH in the system, the start-up for biogas production was shortened to...
- Biogas experts predict that anaerobic digestion will account for 10% of Britain's energy by 2020. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Jan2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
The article deals with a prediction from the Anaerobic Digestion & Biogas Association that biogas generated from anaerobic digestion will account for 10 percent of Great Britain's energy by 2020.
- Untitled. // Utility Week;10/8/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on a project in Oxfordshire, England under which biomethane gas produced from sewage by anaerobic digestion are being placed into the mains gas network for distribution to up to 200 homes.
- San Diego keeps its pipeline. // BioCycle;Jul95, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) preliminary approval of San Diego, California's plan to partly treat sewage and pump it for 4.5 miles into the ocean via a pipe submerged 300 feet beneath the surface. Effect of the pipeline on the ocean environment; President Bill...
- Clean Water: EPA allows credits to offset pollution. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the plan of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to make it easier for wastewater treatment plants to comply with federal clean water act provisions. Announcement of a 'Water Quality Trading Policy'; Allowance to firms disposing large contaminants into watersheds to buy off-setting...