Complete Disassembly of the Coonrad-Morrey Elbow Replacement
- CORR Insights: Good Functional Recovery of Complex Elbow Dislocations Treated With Hinged External Fixation: A Multicenter Prospective Study. Hoffmeyer, Pierre // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Apr2015, Vol. 473 Issue 4, p1462
The article offers the author's comment on the article "Good Functional Recovery of Complex Elbow Dislocations Treated With Hinged External Fixation: A Multicenter Prospective Study" by G. I. T. Iordens and colleagues. The author cites the study authors' use of an image intensifier to determine...
- Percutaneous reduction and external fixation reliable for heel fractures. Beadling, Lee // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p19
This article discusses a study which examined the reliability of percutaneous reduction and external fixation as a technique to obtain a stable reduction of intra-articular, displaced calcaneal fractures.
- External fixation. // Nursing Standard;3/4/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p58
A self assessment questionnaire is presented that tests a person's knowledge of caring for a patient with external fixation.
- Reply to comments on Fadel et al.: Ilizarov external fixation versus plate osteosynthesis in the management of extra-articular fractures of the distal tibia. Fadel, Mohamed; Ahmed, Mohamed; Al-Dars, Ahmed; Maabed, Mustafa; Shawki, Hashem // International Orthopaedics;Jul2015, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p1457
A response from the authors of the article "Ilizarov external fixation versus plate osteosynthesis in the management of extra-articular fractures of the distal tibia" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- A fracture movement monitoring system to aid in the assessment of fracture healing in humans. Ogrodnik, P J; Moorcroft, C I; Thomas, P B M // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part H;Jul2001, Vol. 215 Issue 4, p405
This paper presents a new design for a device to monitor the motion of fracture fragments in diaphyseal tibial fractures. The device measures the motion that occurs at the fracture site when loaded by gait or by manipulation. It has undergone rigorous calibration and acceptance trials. The...
- The 2009-2014 World Outlook for External Fixation Devices. Parker, Philip M. // World Outlook Reports;1/ 1/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2009-2014 worldwide market potential for External Fixation Devices across several countries, including Ethiopia, Burundi and Tunisia, are presented.
- Monteggia fracture treated by external fixation. Grogono, Basil // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Feb1998, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p113
A letter to the editor on an article related to the successful management of a compound fracture in an Afghan soldier by external fixation published in the October 1997 issue is presented.
- The Effects of Different Wire and Screw Combinations on the Stiffness of a Hybrid External Fixator. Yang, L; Saleh, M; Nayagam, S // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part H;Nov2000, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p669
Hybrid external fixators that use tensioned wires in the metaphysis and screws in the diaphysis combine the advantages of both unilateral and circular fixators and provide considerable flexibility in frame construction. This study aims to determine the effects of wire and screw combinations on...
- Pin site care. Davies, Sonia // Nursing Standard;9/5/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p56
A quiz on pin site care in orthopedic fracture fixation is presented.