Can we improve the profitability of seafood companies by applying Six Sigma to packaging operations?
- Process Mapping: Improving factory performance using a lean approach -- role of process mapping. Heap, John; Przybylski, Adam; Stanczyk, Monika; Settersfield, Mark // Management Services;Winter2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p26
Many seafood companies develop their business organically with process steps, inspection stages, delays, transport operations, etc, being added as the business grows. However, the sector is being increasingly pressured to improve performance -- and a lean six sigma approach was adopted to review...
- Using Six Sigma in the Credit Department. // Credit Management;Dec2003, p32
Examines the use of the Six Sigma define, measure, analyze, improve and control methodology in credit management to reduce variation in collection performance. Definition of Six Sigma; Phases of a Six Sigma project; Control plans.
- Six Sigma Strategies Equate to New Roles. Hooper, Jo Ann; Devine, Mike // Quality;Nov2002, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p8
Discusses the Six Sigma as a pursuit of process perfection. Total quality commitment of organizations; Quality control; Importance of sitting at the management roundtable.
- CONFERENCE COVERS LEAN SIX SIGMA. // Quality;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the conference for the concepts of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma in Chicago, Illinois. Date of the convention; Sponsor of the meeting; Contact information.
- SIX SIGMA SAVES COMPANIES MILLIONS. // Quality;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the implementation of Six Sigma initiatives by companies to reduce costs in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Elimination of ineffective process steps through the Six Sigma programs; Tips for implementing Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma? No Thanks. Dalgleish, Scott // Quality;Apr2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p22
Comments on the disadvantages of the Six Sigma initiative for companies in the U.S. Difficulty of developing a quality systems that shows significant results; Benefits of a quality techniques; Negative effects of Six Sigma on the quality profession.
- Blending Six Sigma and design thinking. // Executive Leadership;Nov2009, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p6
The article presents a discussion of basic techniques of Six Sigma, adapted from the book "Welcoming the New, Improving the Old," by Sara Beckman.
- Achieving Six Sigma Logistics. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;May2002, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p10
Discusses Six Sigma, an organizational methodology for achieving total quality. Information on the Executive Forum of NA 2002; Methodologies of Six Sigma; Description of the perfect order fulfillment achieved from Six Sigma; Application in the supply chain process management.
- Design for Six Sigma. Mader, Douglas P. // Quality Progress;Jul2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p82
Focuses on the role of design for six sigma (DFSS) in enhancing new product development (NPD). Performance results from improved design process; Application of the DFSS approach; Coherence of tools organization with NPD process.