Intramuscular Air as a Complication of Pulse-Lavage Irrigation
- Arthroscopic treatment for acute septic arthritis of the hip joint in adults. Lee, Young-Kyun; Park, Kyung-Sun; Ha, Yong-Chan; Koo, Kyung-Hoi // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p942
Purpose: The purpose of our study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the arthroscopic management of septic arthritis of the hip joint. Methods: From October 2009 to October 2010, nine patients with septic arthritis of the hip were treated with arthroscopic debridement and drainage and...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer91, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p87
Presents an abstract of the article `Exercise and Gait Effects on In Vivo Hip Contact Pressures,' by D.E. Krebs, L. Elbaum et al published in the `Physical Therapy' periodical.
- Lavado y desbridamiento. // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;nov/dic2013, Vol. 27 Issue S1, pS132
No abstract available.
- Soft tissue sarcomas and intramuscular injections: an epidemiological survey. McIllmurray, M.B.; Langman, M.J.S. // British Medical Journal;9/23/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6141, p864
Presents an epidemiological survey of soft tissue sarcomas and intramuscular injections. Casual relationship between sarcoma formation and intramuscular injections; Effectiveness of injection treatments; Assessment on the induction of sarcomas.
- Septic Arthritis of the Hip in the Setting of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Acker II, William B.; Nixon, Star L.; Lee, John J.; Jacobson, Nathan A.; Haftel, Hilary; Farley, Frances A. // Case Connector;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Case: A twenty-two-month-old boy with septic hip arthritis had persistent elevated inflammatory markers and daily fevers despite multiple antibiotic regimens and repeated surgical debridements yielding negative cultures. After exhaustive work-up for other infectious, rheumatologic, and...
- PO-SI-048-S. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS17
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `A Functional Outcome Case Study Utilizing Iontophoresis Versus Ultrasound in Piriformis Syndrome,' by B. Coon and A. Hart, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Periacetabular Osteotomy Through a Modified Ollier Transtrochanteric Approach for Treatment of Painful Dyspl astic Hips. Jih-Yang Ko; Ching-Jen Wang; Chien-Fu Jeff Lin; Chun-Hsiung Shih // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 9, p1594
Background: Elimination of abnormally high joint-loading resulting in excessive contact stresses may prevent or reduce the onset of osteoarthrosis in a dysplastic hip. A number of periacetabular osteotomies have been shown to be effective in restoring normal hip-joint mechanics. We treat...
- Bronchopulmonary Lavage in Man. Ramirez-R, Jose; Kieffer Jr., Richard F.; Ball Jr., Wilmot C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov65, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p819
Provides a method for bronchopulmonary lavage in man, based on filling one lung with irrigating solutions after partial degassing. Measurements of the arterial blood gases; Response to bronchopulmonary lavage; Use of bronchiolo-alveolar debridement for the treatment of alveolar proteinosis.
- Diclofenac. // Reactions Weekly;7/1/2013, Issue 1459, p17
The article presents a case study of 44-year-old man diagnosed with Nicolau's syndrome while administering diclofenac for necrostising fasciitis.