Successive sebopsoriasis, erysipelas and Koebner phenomenon
- Efalizumab/etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;11/15/2008, Issue 1228, p17
The article describes two cases of cytomegalovirus infection associated with etanercept and efalizumab. After treatment with etanercept was initiated in a 37-year-old man with a history of psoriasis, he developed fever and ear pain a month later, then fever, malaise and a productive cough after...
- 'End treatment delay for psoriasis'. Tanday, Sanjay // GP: General Practitioner;1/26/2007, p30
The article reports that a patient group campaign called the Skin Care Campaign (SCC) in Great Britain has sent a letter to all primary care organizations about the variability of funding and implementation of NICE guidance for the immunomodulator drugs efalizumab (Raptiva) and etanercept...
- Adalimumab/ustekinumab. // Reactions Weekly;6/4/2011, Issue 1354, p5
The article presents a case study of a 28-year-old woman who had a poor response to efalizumab treatment for severe palmoplantar involvement and plaque psoriasis.
- BIOLOGICAL THERAPY OF PSORIASIS. Sivamani, Raja K.; Correa, Genevieve; Ono, Yoko; Bowen, Michael P.; Raychaudhuri, Siba P.; Maverakis, Emanual // Indian Journal of Dermatology;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p161
The treatment of psoriasis has undergone a revolution with the advent of biologic therapies, including infliximab, etanercept, adalimumab, efalizumab, and alefacept. These medications are designed to target specific components of the immune system and are a major technological advancement over...
- Expanding the therapeutic options for psoriatic conditions. Lebwohl, Mark; Wong, Vicky Kwan; Della Croce, Christine // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Aug2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that uses for relatively new biologic therapies approved for other conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, are now emerging for the treatment of moderate or severe chronic plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. It summarizes the major biologic agents as they gain FDA...
- The Use of Biologics for Psoriasis in Asia-Pacific Region. Tsen-Fang Tsai; Ting-Yu Yeh // Current Rheumatology Reviews;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p149
Many controlled studies have been conducted to prove the safety and efficacy of biologics in the treatment of psoriasis. However, only limited data are available in Asia-Pacific region. Open label studies of efalizumab and alefacept have been conducted in Taiwan. A placebo controlled trial of...
- Efalizumab/etanercept. // Reactions Weekly;6/12/2010, Issue 1305, p14
The article describes the case of a 48-year-old male patient with severe refractory plaque psoriasis who experienced successive sebopsoriasis after taking efalizumab which was replaced by etanercept, leading to facial erysipelas.
- 'Exciting Era' Underway. Wilson, Fred // Dermatology Times;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the benefits from the use of efalizumab and etanercept in treating psoriasis. Absence of toxicity for a one-year period; Maintenance therapy of the drug.
- Quick Psoriasis Solution. Kuznar, Wayne // Dermatology Times;Jun2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p22
Examines the use of etanercept in the treatment of psoriasis. Long-term safety of etanercept and infliximab; Use of Dermatology Life Quality Index in measuring the improvement from etanercept use.