Growth Modulation by Means of Anterior Tethering Resulting in Progressive Correction of Juvenile Idiopathic Scoliosis: A Case Report
- Cognitive Functioning in Adolescents with Self-Reported ADHD and Depression: Results from a Population-Based Study. Roy, Arunima; Oldehinkel, Albertine; Hartman, Catharina; Oldehinkel, Albertine J; Hartman, Catharina A // Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology;Jan2017, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p69
This study aims to assess cognitive functioning differences among adolescents with retrospectively self-reported: ADHD and an onset of depression, only ADHD, only depression, and neither ADHD nor depression. Data from the Tracking Adolescents' Individual Lives Survey (TRAILS) cohort was used in...
- A comatose teenager. Marinkovic, Maja; Weibley, Richard // Contemporary Pediatrics;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p23
The article describes a hypothetical case involving a teenager with altered mental status. The patient has a normal complete metabolic panel and complete blood count. A review of the patient's medical history reveals that he has Asperger syndrome, mild developmental delay and attention-deficit...
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders with coexisting substance use disorder is characterized by early antisocial behaviour and poor cognitive skills. Bihlar Muld, Berit; Jokinen, Jussi; Bölte, Sven; Hirvikoski, Tatja // BMC Psychiatry;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is associated with an increased risk of coexisting substance abuse. The Swedish legislation on compulsory healthcare can be applied to persons with severe substance abuse who can be treated involuntarily during a period of six months....
- Prevalencia del trastorno por dÃ©ficit de atenciÃ³n e hiperactividad en escolares de tres poblaciones del estado de Jalisco. Cruz Alcalá, Leonardo Eleazar; Herrera, Azucena Ramos; Gutiérrez Paredes, María Faviola; Gutiérrez Pérez, Dolores Elizabeth; Márquez García, Amparo Viridiana; Ramírez Jiménez, Denisse Carmina; Razo Macías, Luz Rebeca; Sepúlveda Barba, Karina Guadalupe // Revista Mexicana de Neurociencia;ene/feb2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p15
No abstract available.
- Detection, assessment and diagnosis of ADHD. Laver-Bradbury, Cathy // British Journal of School Nursing;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p428
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects 3-5% of school aged children; however, in some areas of the UK only 1-2% are being recognized as having ADHD and receiving treatment. Despite the importance of early recognition and treatment being well documented, it remains difficult to...
- Siblings of Children with ADHD May Have Attention Problems. Zeineh, Linda L. // American Family Physician;11/15/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p2287
Focuses on the findings of a survey of parents of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) that a significant number of siblings of children with ADHD many also have attention problems. Areas that were offered on the survey as possible problems; Problems noted in children...
- ADD: Tackling the deficit. Dreher, Nancy // Current Health 2;Sep98, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p27
Reports on the effects of attention deficit disorder (ADD) on an individual. Definition of the disorder; Information on the effects of the ADD on people; Recommendations for managing ADD. INSETS: Stimulant medicine;ADD or ADHD?.
- When your body has a mind of its own. // Current Health 1;Apr91, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p26
Discusses the causes and symptoms of attention deficit disorder (ADD). How ADD affects behavior; Methods for helping children with ADD.
- When its hard to pay attention and learn. // Current Health 1;Nov91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Discusses attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD). Treatment with a drug called Ritalin; Symptoms and their effect on the hyperactive child's interaction with others; Trouble in school; How Ritalin eases ADD symptoms; Side effects; Concerns about using drugs in children.