Angiomyxoma of the larynx: Case report of a rare tumor
- Adult-Type Rhabdomyoma of Larynx: A Rare Cause of Difficult Tracheal Intubation. ERDOĞAN, Barış; ERDOĞAN, Mehmet Özgür; BATUR ÇALIŞ, Zeynep Aslı // Turkish Journal of Emergency Medicine;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p49
Adult-type rhabdomyoma is a rare benign mesenchymal tumor seen in adults that becomes symptomatic after a long period of slow growth. It almost always originates from tissues of the head and neck containing striated muscle. The symptoms of rhabdomyoma include dysphagia, hoarseness, and globus....
- Infantile Hemangiopericytoma: Two Cases Report and Literature Review. Al-Saied, Gamal; Abokifa, Amin; Al-Saeed, Mohamed; Aziz, Mohamed Abdul; Ibrahim, Medhat; Shahin, Mohamed; Hussain, Tharwat; Hafez, Moemen; Nemenqani, Dalal; Fawzy, Naglaa // Surgical Science;Sep2011, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p379
Hemangiopericytoma is a rare vascular tumour of infants. Although generally considered to be benign, local recurrence and metastases can occur. Herein, we report on two full term girls, delivered with lumbosacral swelling and left thigh swelling respectively. Complete surgical excision with...
- Atypical carcinoid of the larynx and potential complications of the carcinoid syndrome: A case report. Seshamani, Meena; Einhorn, Eugene; Mirza, Natasha // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Jan2009 Supplement, p1
A 47-year-old man with a history of allergic rhinitis presented with a several-month history of nasal symptoms and gastroesophageal reflux disease. He also had clinical depression, for which he had been taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). During evaluation, flexible...
- A Malignant Granular Cell Tumor Excised with Mohs Micrographic Surgery. Crowe, David; Ayli, Elias E.; Gloster Jr., Hugh M. // Case Reports in Oncological Medicine;2012, p1
Malignant granular cell tumors are extremely rare, aggressive neoplasms displaying rapid growth and frequent associated metastatic disease. Excision and evaluation for metastatic disease are mandatory. We present a 54-year-old patient with a malignant granular cell tumor, treated with Mohs...
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitor SU6668 represses chondrosarcoma growth via antiangiogenesis in vivo. Klenke, Frank M.; Abdollahi, Amir; Bertl, Elisabeth; Gebhard, Martha-Maria; Ewerbeck, Volker; Huber, Peter E.; Sckell, Axel // BMC Cancer;2007, Vol. 7, p1
Background: As chondrosarcomas are resistant to chemotherapy and ionizing radiation, therapeutic options are limited. Radical surgery often cannot be performed. Therefore, additional therapies such as antiangiogenesis represent a promising strategy for overcoming limitations in chondrosarcoma...
- Malignant chondroblastoma of the os calcis. Elek, Emil M.; Grimer, Robert J.; Mangham, David C.; Davies, A. Mark; Carter, Simon R.; Tillman, Roger M. // Sarcoma;Mar1998, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p45
Abstract Patient . We describe a case of chondroblastoma of the os calcis which metastasized to the tibia, soft tissues and lung. A complete response of the lung lesions was noted with chemotherapy. Discussion . Review of the published literature shows that metastatic chondroblastoma only arises...
- chondroblastoma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p442
An encyclopedia entry for "chondroblastoma" which refers to a benign neoplasm is presented.
- reticulohistiocytoma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2022
A definition of the term "reticulohistiocytoma," which refers to a malignant connective tissue tumor, is presented.
- syndesmoma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2260
A definition of the term "syndesmoma" is presented, which refers to a connective tissue tumor.