Metatarsal Osteosarcoma in Rothmund-Thomson Syndrome
- 2. Infectious mononucleosis. // GP: General Practitioner;2/3/2003, p87
Focuses on infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever. Causative agent of the disease; Effect of the disease on children and young adults; Symptoms of the disease; Clinical features of the disease.
- REFRESHER QUIZ. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul1967, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p399
Presents a quiz about infectious mononucleosis in children.
- Ifosfamide. // Reactions Weekly;5/22/2010, Issue 1302, p28
The article describes the clinical cases of two pediatric patients who developed encephalopathy and hemiballismic limb movements while under ifosfamide treatment regimen for femoral osteosarcoma.
- Rash Associated with Ampicillin in Infectious Mononucleosis. Sanders, Doris Y. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jan1969, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p47
This article presents the clinical history and photographs of a hypersensitivity reaction in a girl with infectious mononucleosis. The diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis is confirmed by the child's clinical picture, the presence of atypical lymphocytes, on blood smear, and positive slide...
- T-cells and Cardiac Complications in Infectious Mononucleosis. Van Baarle, Debbie // Indian Pediatrics;Mar2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p189
The author comments on the study "Complications and Immunophenotypic Profile of Infectious Mononucleosis Syndrome in Children," by K Papadopoulou-Legbelou and colleagues published in the March 2012 issue of "Indian Pediatrics." She notes that the study analyzed the occurrence of cardiac...
- Infectious Mononucleosis Associated with Fatal Beta Hemolytic Streptococcal Infection. Dubois, Donald R.; Baehner, Robert L. // Clinical Pediatrics;Aug1979, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p511
This article presents information on infectious mononucleosis (IM). It is reported that IM in children is generally a benign, self-limited disease. Life-threatening complications and mortality are unusual, but have been reported. A case study is being discussed wherein a girl was seen with...
- PEDIATRIC MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS. Belkengren, Richard; Sapala, Shirley // Pediatric Nursing;May/Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p259
Presents a pediatric management problem designed to test problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Medical history of the child; Differential diagnosis that should be considered; Treatment for infectious mononucleosis.
- metatarsectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1455
A definition of the term "metatarsectomy," which refers to the removal of the metatarsus or a metatarsal bone, is presented.
- Lucina. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;May2005, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p550
The article presents news related to the medical sciences. Chronic, non-malignant hypersplenism with lymphadenopathy, hypergammagIobulinaemia, and autoimmunity was first reported in children in 1967. Researchers in Bristol analysed breastmilk samples from four breastfeeding mothers who were...