D-lactic acidosis and ataxia in a man with Crohn disease
- Linezolid. // Reactions Weekly;1/9/2010 Part 2 of 2, Issue 1283, p62
The article describes a case of fatal lactic acidosis in a 48-year-old man with tuberculosis after prolonged linezolid exposure for treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Yogurt, probiotics, and bacteria. Hulce, Andrew // Drug Topics;1/26/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p18
Comments on the article entitled "Crohn's: An Infectious Disease?," discussing the value of probiotics, published in the November 3, 2003 issue of the journal "Drug Topics." Recommendation of yogurt for antibiotic treatment.
- Verapamil overdose. // Reactions Weekly;3/20/2010, Issue 1293, p49
The article describes the case of severe lactic acidosis in a 14-year-old boy following ingestion of an overdose of sustained-release (SR) verapamil.
- Linezolid. // Reactions Weekly;6/12/2010, Issue 1305, p21
The article describes the case of a 36-year-old man who developed lactic acidosis while under linezolid treatment regimen for infection with vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus fecalis and Klebsiella spp bacterium.
- Severe Drug-induced Liver Injury Associated with Prolonged Use of Linezolid. De Bus, Liesbet; Depuydt, Pieter; Libbrecht, Louis; Vandekerckhove, Linos; Nollet, Joke; Benoit, Dominique; Vogelaers, Dirk; Van Vlierberghe, Hans // Journal of Medical Toxicology;Sep2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p322
This study aims to describe a patient developing concomitant severe liver failure and lactic acidosis after long-term treatment with linezolid. A 55-year-old Caucasian woman developed concomitant severe liver failure and lactic acidosis after a treatment with linezolid for 50 days because of...
- AIDS in a patient with Crohn's disease. Dhar, J.M.; Pidgeon, N.D.; Burton, A.L. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/16/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6433, p1802
Reports the case of an AIDS patient diagnosed with Crohn's disease in Lancashire, England. Appearance of the patient upon admission; Administration of antibiotics; Complications of the disease.
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;3/31/2007, Issue 1145, p12
The article presents a case study on the adverse effect of infliximab on a 35-year-old man presented with Crohn's disease. Two weeks after receiving infliximab therapy, the man developed delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction. The man started receiving oral methylprednisolone and his symptoms...
- Expect the Unexpected. Macher-Goeppinger, Stephan; Longerich, Thomas; Hackert, Thilo; Andrulis, Mindaugas // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p301
The article presents a case study of an old female patient with abdominal pain and lactate acidosis.
- Amitriptyline/antiretrovirals/disulfiram/nifedipine. // Reactions Weekly;2/6/2010, Issue 1287, p6
The article describes the case of a man who developed lactic acidosis after being given amitriptyline, antiretrovirals, disulfiram and nifedipine.