Student Use of the Library: A Case Study at Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Nigeria
- Determinants of library use amongst university students. Teoh, Zei Mei; Tan, Andrew K.G. // Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science;Oct2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p21
The purpose of the study is to examine the factors affecting library use amongst university students. Logistic regression analysis is applied on data collected using stratified random questionnaire-based interviews of 388 students of a public university in Malaysia. Results of the marginal...
- Use of ICT among Faculty Members of Self Financing Engineering Colleges in the Changing Higher Education Environment. Thanuskodi, S. // Library Philosophy & Practice;Aug2011, p135
The article attempts to examine the use of information and communication technology (ICT) by faculty members at self-financing engineering colleges in India as well as how this application is affecting the Indian higher education system. It presents the results of a study which aimed to examine...
- The Use of ICT in Nigerian Universities: A Case Study of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Nwezeh, Chinwe M. T. // Library Philosophy & Practice;Oct2010, p1
The article presents a case study on the use of information technology and resources in Nigerian universities, studying Internet use and other use of electronic information resources by students and faculty of Obafemi Awolowo University. Information resources available at the university,...
- Las bibliotecas pÃºblicas e Internet en el 2007: problemas, consecuencias y expectativas. Bertota, John Carlo; McClurea, Charles R.; Jaeger, Paul T. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jul2008, Vol. 23 Issue 92/93, p116
No abstract available.
- WEB FEET GUIDES Partners with MARC Link. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the partnership between publisher RockHill Communications and MARC Link Retrospective Conversion. Details of their collaboration on the creation of electronic library products WEB FEET MARC Records and WEB FEET ONLINE; Impact of the products on Internet access for library users.
- Shoptalk. Weissman, Sara // Library Journal;Spring2000 Net Connect, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the most effective ways to teach patrons about Internet use. Fundamental disconnect between the patron and the local library due to the patron's expectation that everything is on the Internet; Best way to teach about search engines; Advice on computer classes for seniors, starting...
- Jones Intercable Project to Deliver Internet Access Over Cable TV. // Information Today;Mar1994, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p39
The article presents information about an intercable project to deliver Internet access over cable television. Spry Inc. and O'Reilly & Associates Inc., developers of Internet in a Box have announced that Internet in a Box is providing the first easy access to the Internet over cable television....
- Webmaster's Corner. Russ, Ronald S. // Arkansas Libraries;Fall2005, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p16
Provides information on the redesigned ArLA Website as of September 2005. Modifications of the site; Sections of the Web site; Features of the site.
- Are Libraries "Limited, Obsolete"? Oder, Norman // Library Journal;11/1/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p14
The article discusses the October 2, 2006 opinion piece in the "Lawrence Journal World" which claimed libraries are "limited, obsolete." This statement set off a firestorm of defensive arguments, but also, according to the author, gave librarians some significant issues to consider such as...