Student Use of the Library: A Case Study at Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana, Nigeria
- Determinants of library use amongst university students. Teoh, Zei Mei; Tan, Andrew K.G. // Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science;Oct2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p21
The purpose of the study is to examine the factors affecting library use amongst university students. Logistic regression analysis is applied on data collected using stratified random questionnaire-based interviews of 388 students of a public university in Malaysia. Results of the marginal...
- The Use of ICT in Nigerian Universities: A Case Study of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Nwezeh, Chinwe M. T. // Library Philosophy & Practice;Oct2010, p1
The article presents a case study on the use of information technology and resources in Nigerian universities, studying Internet use and other use of electronic information resources by students and faculty of Obafemi Awolowo University. Information resources available at the university,...
- Use of ICT among Faculty Members of Self Financing Engineering Colleges in the Changing Higher Education Environment. Thanuskodi, S. // Library Philosophy & Practice;Aug2011, p135
The article attempts to examine the use of information and communication technology (ICT) by faculty members at self-financing engineering colleges in India as well as how this application is affecting the Indian higher education system. It presents the results of a study which aimed to examine...
- Las bibliotecas pÃºblicas e Internet en el 2007: problemas, consecuencias y expectativas. Bertota, John Carlo; McClurea, Charles R.; Jaeger, Paul T. // Boletin de la Asociacion Andaluza de Bibliotecarios;jul2008, Vol. 23 Issue 92/93, p116
No abstract available.
- Shoptalk. Weissman, Sara // Library Journal;Spring2000 Net Connect, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the most effective ways to teach patrons about Internet use. Fundamental disconnect between the patron and the local library due to the patron's expectation that everything is on the Internet; Best way to teach about search engines; Advice on computer classes for seniors, starting...
- Webmaster's Corner. Russ, Ronald S. // Arkansas Libraries;Fall2005, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p16
Provides information on the redesigned ArLA Website as of September 2005. Modifications of the site; Sections of the Web site; Features of the site.
- Advising Readers Online. Trott, Barry // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p210
This article looks at Internet-based reading recommendation services. The past five years have seen a continued growth in the availability of reading resources on the Internet. While many of the pioneering resources, such as genre fiction Web sites and fan-built author sites, have been allowed...
- WEB FEET GUIDES Partners with MARC Link. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the partnership between publisher RockHill Communications and MARC Link Retrospective Conversion. Details of their collaboration on the creation of electronic library products WEB FEET MARC Records and WEB FEET ONLINE; Impact of the products on Internet access for library users.
- The Westport model. Berry, John // Library Journal;5/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p1021
Describes the model used in a library project designed to provide the people of Southwestern Connecticut with initial access to online search services. Librarian Joan Turner's objection to a notion that online searches automatically require that user pay a fee; Traditional ideal that library...