Leukemia cutis: an unusual rash in a child
- Untitled. Smith, Jeanette M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/09/94, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p730m
Presents an abstract of the article `Hairy Cell Leukaemia: Descriptive Epidemiology and a Case-Control Study,' by A. Staines and R.A. Cartwright, which was lifted from a British medicine journal. Overall incidence of hairy cell leukemia; Association of the disease with exposure to organic...
- Hairy-Cell Leukemia Presenting as Aplastic Anemia. Bearley, Robert L.; Chapman, Ramona M.; Brozovic, Branco // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug79, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p228
Describes several cases of patients with hairy-cell leukemia presenting to be aplastic anemia. Description of hairy-cell leukemia; Facts of the case; Findings.
- Hairy Cell Leukemia in a Young Male: An Unusual Presentation. Kaur, Manveen; Kar, Koushik; Dalal, Varsha; Siraj, Fouzia // Iranian Journal of Pathology;Autumn2016, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p421
The article presents a case study of a 28-year-old man who suffered a generalized weakness, fever and cough and was diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia.
- Outcomes after Induction Failure in Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Schrappe, Martin; Hunger, Stephen P.; Pui, Ching-Hon; Saha, Vaskar; Gaynon, Paul S.; Baruchel, Andr�; Conter, Valentino; Otten, Jacques; Ohara, Akira; Versluys, Anne Birgitta; Escherich, Gabriele; Heyman, Mats; Silverman, Lewis B.; Horibe, Keizo; Mann, Georg; Camitta, Bruce M.; Harbott, Jochen; Riehm, Hansj�rg; Richards, Sue; Devidas, Meenakshi // New England Journal of Medicine;4/12/2012, Vol. 366 Issue 15, p1371
Background: Failure of remission-induction therapy is a rare but highly adverse event in children and adolescents with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Methods: We identified induction failure, defined by the persistence of leukemic blasts in blood, bone marrow, or any extramedullary site...
- Unsupervised proteome analysis of human leukaemia cells identifies the Valosin-containing protein as a putative marker for glucocorticoid resistance. Lauten, M.; Schrauder, A.; Kardinal, C.; Harbott, J.; Welte, K.; Schlegelberger, B.; Schrappe, M.; von Neuhoff, N. // Leukemia (08876924);May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p820
The response to initial glucocorticoid therapy in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) reliably predicts the response to multiagent chemotherapy. Patients resistant to glucocorticoids (prednisone poor responders (PPR)) have a poorer event-free survival compared to...
- Micaela & Melanie. Bosch, Lily // Good Housekeeping;Jul2002, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p114
Presents the case of Micaela Ward, a child diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Effect of chemotherapy treatments on Micaela; Relationship between Micaela and her pet dog Melanie.
- Hairy Cell Leukemia and Bladder Cancer in a Patient: Relation with Dye Exposure and Review of the Literaure. Paydas, Semra // Advances in Hematology;2009, Vol. 2009, p1
Chemical exposure is important in the etiology of some cancers. Dye or solvent exposures are important both in bladder cancer (BC) and hairy cell leukemia (HCL). Here a case with BC and HCL has been presented and literature has been reviewed.
- A Case Report of Hairy Cell Leukemia Presenting Concomitantly with Sweet Syndrome. Alkayem, Mohammad; Waina Cheng // Case Reports in Medicine;2014, p1
Hairy cell leukemia and Sweet syndrome are both uncommon hematological diagnoses. We present a patient who was admitted with fevers, pancytopenia, pneumonia, and rash. Diagnostic bone marrowbiopsy demonstratesHairy cell Leukemia and skin biopsy demonstrates neutrophils infiltration consistent...
- Prolonged disease-free survival in an adult presenting with Burkitt-type acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and CNS disease. Imrie, K.; Baker, M. A.; Messner, H. A. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan1992, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p47
The article presents a case study of Burkitt-type acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (L3 ALL) in a 31-year old woman. A long-term disease free survival of the patient with conventional chemotherapy and syngeneic bone marrow transplantation is described. The patient had a history of swollen and...