Acute pancreatitis associated with lisinopril and olanzapine
- Rationale and design of the KYOTO HEART study: effects of valsartan on morbidity and mortality in uncontrolled hypertensive patients with high risk of cardiovascular events. Sawada, T; Takahashi, T; Yamada, H; Dahlöf, B; Matsubara, H // Journal of Human Hypertension;Sep2013, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p580
A correction to the article related to the effects of valsartan on morbidity and mortality in hypertensive patients that was published in the previous issue of the journal is presented.
- Valsartan. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1499 Issue 1, p32
An abstract of the article "Valsartan-induced acute pancreatitis," by B. Can and colleagues is presented.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockade with valsartan decreases plasma osteopontin levels in patients with essential hypertension. Kurata, M.; Okura, T.; Irita, J.; Enomoto, D.; Nagao, T.; Jotoku, M.; Miyoshi, K.; Desilva, V. R.; Higaki, J. // Journal of Human Hypertension;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p334
Osteopontin (OPN) has recently emerged as a key factor in both vascular remodelling and development of atherosclerosis. It has been reported that OPN is regulated by the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS). The aim of this study was to clarify the effect of angiotensin II receptor...
- Dynaval Co Tablets. // South African Family Practice;2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p86
The article evaluates the Dynaval Co (valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide) tablets for mild to moderate hypertension from Pharma Dynamics.
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockers improve insulin sensitivity in patients with schizophrenia being treated with olanzapine. de Beaurepaire, Renaud; Honig, Adriaan; MacQueen, Glenda // Current Medical Literature: Psychiatry;2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p64
The article discusses a study on the effects of valsartan and telmisartan on insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia in olanzapine-treated patients with schizophrenia. The study included 30 patients undergoing olanzapine for more than 8 weeks. It suggests that valsartan increases insulin...
- Development and Validation of UV-Spectrophotometric methods for estimation of Valsartan in bulk and tablet dosage form. Tarkase Kailash, N.; Tajane Sachin, R.; Jadhav Manisha, B. // Journal of Pharmacy Research;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p2344
Valsartan is an Angiotensin II receptor blocker drug used in hypertension and other cardiac diseases. Various methods for analysis of the same are available but are time consuming and expensive. Here we have developed two new, precise and simple UV spectrophotometric methods for estimation of...
- New ARB Outperforms Older Agents. // American Health & Drug Benefits;May/Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p210
The article presents results from a study presented at the 2010 American Society of Hypertension (ASH) conference that compared the effectiveness of the angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) azilsartan to olmesartan and valsartan in lowering blood pressure.
- Effects of combination therapy with vildagliptin and valsartan in a mouse model of type 2 diabetes. Miyagawa, Katsutosh; Kondo, Tatsuya; Goto, Rieko; Matsuyama, Rina; Ono, Kaoru; Kitano, Sayaka; Kawasaki, Shuji; Igata, Motoyuki; Kawashima, Junji; Matsumura, Takeshi; Motoshima, Hiroyuki; Araki, Eiichi // Cardiovascular Diabetology;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Background Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors modulate incretin hormones and exert anti-diabetic effects in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Treatment with angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockers (ARB) is a proven successful intervention for hypertension with type 2 diabetes. The present study...
- JournalScan. Alistair, Lindsay // Heart;Jul2010, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p1078
The article discusses a research study on the efficacy of a novel dual-acting neprilysin and renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) inhibitor called LCZ696 in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension. The effect of inhibition of neprilysin is cited. The study subjects were randomly...