Faults, failures and availability in self-service technology
- The vending-machine wars. McCaughan, Dave // Advertising Age;10/16/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 42, p24
The article reports on the vending machine business in Japan. The machines sell a variety of food and merchandise, including cold and warm drinks. Consumers can purchase the items through a debit signal embedded in their cell phones. They have a wide variety of choices, too, including many...
- Did you know... // Parks & Recreation;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p22
This article reports that White Rock Lake Dog Park, located in Dallas, Texas, has installed a vending machine specifically for dogs. Products which can be purchased through the vending machine include leashes, collars, pick-up bags and various toys for puppies. Ten percent of the vending...
- Fastcorp Partnerships Expand Vending Food Options. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p16
The article evaluates vending machines from Fastcorp including the Schwan's Vend Program and the Dippin' Dots Vend Program.
- QR-Code based Digital Wallet. Shetty, Sharvil; Shetty, Trilok; Amale, Rohit // International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p105
With the proliferation of the mobile Internet, E-commerce has become pervasive across all types of trading transactions. Vendors of Point of Sale (POS) machines, like vending machines, as well as brick-and-mortar merchants, are attempting to find ways to perform transactions digitally. The smart...
- Trends in the Food Con cession Industry. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p80
The author reports on trends within the National Independent Concessionaires Association (NICA). Growth that the NICA has experienced during its first 15 years in existence is mentioned. Goals of the NICA, which include to make the concession industry stronger, are discussed by David Schlabach,...
- Animal Ambiance Adds the Right Touch to Parties. Knaub-Hardy, Kathleen // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p82
The author reports on the practice of zoos and aquariums in tailoring the food they serve to their exhibits. The author states that some zoos alter their attractions and food offerings to the geographic regions that are on display. The type of food that is served at various zoos throughout the...
- Vending's Future Is Here. Eils, Larry // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul2002, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p25
Focuses on various technological enhancements made on vending machines. Information on the Data Exchange/Uniform Communications Standard (DEX); Computer software and products which enable the use of DEX features; Internet connections of vending machines; Effect of the technological developments...
- Vend and save. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/16/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4222, p53
Focuses on the advantages of using vending machines at restaurants in Great Britain. Factors contributed to the decision to install vending machines; Developments in food vending; Cost implication of food provision.
- Beneath the vending veneer. Phillips, Kent // Beverage World;02/15/99, Vol. 118 Issue 1671, p98
Presents an analysis on the plight of the vending business. Issues on resource allocation; Implications of the analysis done on the vending business.