83-Year-Old Woman With Abdominal Distention and Constipation
- rivastigmine. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p479
The article presents information on the anticholinesterase drug rivastigmine which is used for the symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate dementia of Alzheimer's disease. It is thought only to slow the rate of cognitive deterioration in about half of patients treated. Authorities have...
- Diseases of the alimentary system. Hawkins, Clifford // British Medical Journal;12/4/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6048, p1373
Focuses on anorexia and loss of weight. Symptoms of anorexia; Causes of anorexia; Consideration of insufficient intake as the common cause of loss of weight.
- Patient With a Rash, Abdominal Pain, and Weight Loss. O'Carrigan, Brent; Ju Yong Cheong // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/22/2012, Vol. 307 Issue 8, p843
A quiz about diagnosing and treating a 49-year-old man suffering from right iliac fossa pain who was presented with loss of appetite, weight loss, lethargy and constipation is presented.
- Weight loss in people with Alzheimer's disease: A prospective population based analysis. Cronin-Stubbs, Diane; Beckett, Laurel A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/18/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7075, p178
Examines the relationship between weight loss among patients with Alzheimer's disease. Diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease based on structured neurological examination, neuropsychological performance testing, psychiatric evaluation and medical history; Use of Medicare hospital discharge records to...
- Fungal pyelonephritis due to Cladophialophora bantiana in a cat. Coldrick, O.; Brannon, C. L.; Kydd, D. M.; Pierce-Roberts, G.; Borman, A. M.; Torrance, A. G. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/24/2007, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p724
The article describes a case of phaeophyphomycosis due to the fungal species Cladophialophora bantiana in a cat. The neutered domestic shorthair cat presented with a short history of anorexia and weight loss. According to the authors, the isolation of the fungal species suggests that the...
- How celebs get fit. Schlosberg, Suzanne // Shape;Feb2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p74
Responds to women's questions about weight loss. Anorexia; Celebrities' workouts; Calories needed by a woman who breastfeeds and exercises; Weight training.
- Malignant gastrointestinal melanoma with an unknown primary. // Indian Journal of Medical & Paediatric Oncology;Apr-May2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p87
The article presents a case study of a 28-year-old male presented with complaints of abdominal pain, anorexia and weight loss of a month's duration. The patient past history and family history were unremarkable and had no comorbidities. The article provides information about malignant melanoma,...
- Fears for SCARY SKINNY SNOOKI. // NW;4/22/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p32
The article reports that television personality Nicole Polizzi, who is known as Snooki has lost weight and seems to be anorexic.
- ë…¸ë…„ê¸° ì‹ìš•ì´‰ì§„ ì•½ë¬¼ìš”ë²•. 윤 종 률 // Journal of the Korean Medical Association / Taehan Uisa Hyophoe ;Nov2015, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p1027
Anorexia is one of the most common issues in older patients. Although there is a tendency for loss of appetite in older persons due to decreased physical activity and reduced resting metabolic rate, this physiological anorexia of aging can easily develop into progressive anorexia and weight...