Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy: treatment with xenon-arc photocoagulation. // British Medical Journal;3/19/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6063, p739
Examines the effect of xenon-arc photocoagulation in patients with varying degrees of proliferative retinopathy. Difference in visual acuities of the treated and untreated eyes; Cause of blindness in untreated eyes; Findings of the photographic and clinical assessment of disc new vessels.
- Diabetic retinopathy. Kohner, Eva M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/6/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6913, p1195
Focuses on the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. Complications of the disease; Effectivity of photocoagulation; Significance of screening for retinopathy.
- Scotomata From Panretinal Photocoagulation Are Not Perceived as a Result of Perceptual Filling-in Generated by Plasticity in the Visual Cortex. Dosso, Andre A.; Ustun-Yenice, Ferah; Safran, Avinoam B. // Diabetes Care;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1855
Focuses on a study which assessed the visual field defects in diabetic retinopathy patients who received panretinal photocoagulation. Methodology and results; Information on scotomas; Implication of the results.
- Light panretinal photocoagulation beneficial in PDR. Guttman, Cheryl; Bandello, Francesco M. // Ophthalmology Times;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the efficacy of light panretinal photocoagulation (LPRP) in treating proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Effectiveness of LPRP compared to classic panretinal photocoagulation; Complications of LPRP treatment.
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy. Singer, Daniel E.; Nathan, David M.; Fogel, Howard A.; Schachat, Andrew P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/15/92, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p660
Determines the appropriate patients, methods and timing for screening for diabetic retinopathy. Description of diabetic retinopathy; Therapeutic interventions for the disease; Techniques for screening for diabetic retinopathy.
- Response to Comment on Leese et al. Progression of Diabetes Retinal Status Within Community Screening Programs and Potential Implications for Screening Intervals. Diabetes Care 2015;38:488-494. Leese, Graham P.; Stratton, Irene M.; Land, Martin; Bachmann, Max O.; Jones, Colin; Scanlon, Peter; Looker, Helen C.; Ferguson, Brian; Four Nations Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Study Group // Diabetes Care;Dec2015, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pe209
A response to a comment on an article about diabetic retinopathy which appeared within the issue is presented.
- New Approaches to Diabetic Retinopathy. Murphy, Rob // Review of Ophthalmology;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p47
Presents several approaches to diabetic retinopathy. Effectiveness of photocoagulation in treating focal areas of macular edema; Reduction of retinal thickness in intravitreal corticosteroid; Tendency of PKC beta inhibitors to ameliorate diabetic vascular complications.
- RETINOPATIA DIABÃ‰TICA: RELATO DE CASO. PESSOA, BRUNA; DA SILVA, VANESSA YURI NAKAOKA ELIAS; KASHIWABARA, TATILIANA GERALDA BACELAR // Brazilian Journal of Surgery & Clinical Research;set-nov2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p20
The Diabetic retinopathy is a specific ophthalmological complication of the patient with Diabetes Mellitus, affecting approximately 70% of diabetics after 10 years of disease, which is extremely important for public health. The type 2 diabetes mellitus contributes to the low visual acuity of...
- Photocoagulation and diabetic retinopathy. Hung Cheng // British Medical Journal;2/10/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6160, p365
Examines the use of photocoagulation for preventing diabetic retinopathy in Great Britain. Association of blindness with diabetic retinopathy; Classification of diabetic retinopathy; Effectivity of xenon arc light.