Limb Salvage in the Treatment of Total Muscle Necrosis of the Leg Due to Compartment Syndrome: A Report of Three Cases
- PL-RR-310-F. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS99
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Rehabilitation Following Van Ness Procedure: A Single Case Study,' by S.K. Carter, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Compartment syndromes in unconscious patients: a simple aid to diagnosis. Macey, A.C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/6/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6585, p1473
Examines the occurrence of compartment syndromes in unconscious patients with head injury. Description of compartment syndrome; Use of manometric method to measure tissue pressures; Symptoms of the syndrome.
- Two minimal incision fasciotomy for chronic exertional compartment syndrome of the lower leg. Mouhsine, E.; Garofalo, R. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jan2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p110
This article presents a response by E. Mouhsine and R. Garofalo to a letter to the editor in response to their article "Two minimal incision fasciotomy for chronic exertional compartment syndrome of the lower leg," published online in December 2006.
- Is the diagnosis as simple as the treatment? Diagnostic pitfalls in chronic exertional compartment syndrome? Cebesoy, Oguz; Kose, Kamil // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jan2007, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p109
This article presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Two minimal incision fasciotomy for chronic exertional compartment syndrome of the lower leg," by E. Mouhsine, R. Garofalo, B. Moretti, G. Gremion and A. Akiki, published online in December 2006.
- COMPARTMENT SYNDROME OF THE RIGHT ANTERIOR THIGH AFTER PRIMARY TOTAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY. Mai, David D.; MacDonald, Steven J.; Bourne, Robert B. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Jun2000, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p226
Focuses on a case of compartment syndrome of the anterior thigh in an elderly man. Occurrence of compartment syndrome of the anterior thigh after surgery on the hip joint; Prevention of serious damage to underlying structures; Treatment with low-molecular-weight heparin; Regaining of function...
- Distal Venous Arterialization for Limb Salvage. Gasparis, Antonios P.; Noor, Sonya // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p469
The reperfusion of an ischemic limb in the absence of a suitable target artery remains a formidable task. The authors report a case of an ischemic limb in a patient whose distal arteries were identified intraoperatively as unsuitable for conventional revascularization. A distal arteriovenous...
- Limb Salvage Angioplasty in Poor Surgical Candidates. Tefera, Girma; Turnipseed, William; Tanke, Timothy // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p99
This study was conducted to evaluate the potential for percutaneous catheter based limb salvage angioplasty in patients who have no surgical bypass option. Twenty patients, 12 males and 8 females, with end-stage limb ischemia (Rutherford category 4 and 5) were treated with balloon angioplasty....
- Factors associated with limb loss despite a patent... Carsten, Christopher G.; Taylor, Spence M.; Langan, Eugene M; Crane, Martin M. // American Surgeon;Jan1998, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p33
Examines factors associated with limb salvage failure despite a patent infrainguinal bypass graft. Methods utilized on the study; Life-table analyses for primary and secondary patency, and limb salvage for the entire series of bypasses; Profile of patients who progressed to limb loss despite a...
- Evaluation of the allograft-prosthesis composite technique for proximal femoral reconstruction after resection of a primary bone tumour. McGoveran, Bruce M.; Davis, Aileen M.; Gross, Allan E.; Bell, Robert S. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Feb99, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p37
Evaluates the clinical and functional outcomes resulting from the allograft-composite technique used for proximal femoral osteoarticular reconstruction in patients who had limb salvage surgery for primary bone tumors. Description of the technique; Demographic data for the patients; Surgical...